Wii screenshots! Zelda, Rayman, RedSteel, & Tennis

I love the way some people are proclaiming how the console is gonna fail after seeing what...4 blurry scanned screenshots and only a handful of people in the media have even been given access to the final hardware and have reported on it. :rolleyes:

Its safe to say that with the rev giving out screenshots that look like this its not going to do so well... No matter how creative it is.

08.jpg

wwwe3insidercom8ux.jpg

^ No one has a right to say that till they try out the controller for themselves. I don't see how Smash, Metroid, Mario, and Zelda can't be killer titles for the Wii. It certainly has the potential--Time Mag confirmed that.

Wow.people dont think before they speak.

this is from a beta of the game.

beta no where near a final. also they dont even have final dev kits yet.

for all we know they could just be upgrading one of the gamecube versions.

^ No one has a right to say that till they try out the controller for themselves. I don't see how Smash, Metroid, Mario, and Zelda can't be killer titles for the Wii. It certainly has the potential--Time Mag confirmed that.

I'm expecting Nintendo to reveal a bunch of titles geared towards "non-gamers", this won't be your typical Mario/Zelda/Metroid fodder, it'll be in the ilk of Nintendogs/Animal Crossing/Brain Training... Wii is all about getting people who don't play games to drop their preconceptions and show them what fun they're missing, and I'm sure that most of the titles Nintendo announce tomorrow will reflect that.

Wii screenshots!

ooooooh, you meant the game console.

I thought you meant "tiny screenshots." :p

j/k :D

how do the graphics look kidddy?

there is no way that those zelda graphics and red steel graphics look kiddy.

Firstly, I said the games looked kiddy... secondly, we're talking about Zelda, the adventures of an elf with a tiny sword - since when wasn't it kiddy? I don't doubt that the Wii will be fun but it remains to be seen to what extent the graphics / capabilities will differ to that of the PS3 or X360. If they re-release the X360 with a built in HD-DVD player and the PS3 is released with Blu-Ray at a sensible price then many will invest in them just for the movies... that was one of the weaknesses of the Gamecube, not being able to play DVDs. The advantage they have is a lower price (quite a lot lower, I'd expect), as well as targeting a different crowd to usual. I don't claim (or think) that the Wii will be rubbish at all, I just wonder how well it can compete against better spec'ed machines when Nintendo always relies too heavily on first-party games. Plus Wii... what a name. :no:

Firstly, I said the games looked kiddy... secondly, we're talking about Zelda, the adventures of an elf with a tiny sword - since when wasn't it kiddy? I don't doubt that the Wii will be fun but it remains to be seen to what extent the graphics / capabilities will differ to that of the PS3 or X360. If they re-release the X360 with a built in HD-DVD player and the PS3 is released with Blu-Ray at a sensible price then many will invest in them just for the movies... that was one of the weaknesses of the Gamecube, not being able to play DVDs. The advantage they have is a lower price (quite a lot lower, I'd expect), as well as targeting a different crowd to usual. I don't claim (or think) that the Wii will be rubbish at all, I just wonder how well it can compete against better spec'ed machines when Nintendo always relies too heavily on first-party games. Plus Wii... what a name. :no:

You think an Elf with a sword is kiddy? Tell that to legions of adult Warcraft, Lord of the Rings, and D&D fans. What makes a game "non-kiddy" in your reality? Guns and tanks?

You think an Elf with a sword is kiddy? Tell that to legions of adult Warcraft, Lord of the Rings, and D&D fans. What makes a game "non-kiddy" in your reality? Guns and tanks?

Don't forget stealing cars and killing hookers.

You think an Elf with a sword is kiddy? Tell that to legions of adult Warcraft, Lord of the Rings, and D&D fans.

Hmm well the lore for Warcraft is a tad adult: Sacrifices, murder, cold blooded killing and revenge. :|

i am soooo getting one of these over the ps3 or xbox360, not because i'm a "fanboy", but because i think Ninty are actually trying to make fun games and a nice system, whilst sony and microsoft are just into endless sequels, rehashes and generic boring games

whilst sony and microsoft are just into endless sequels, rehashes and generic boring games

I'm sorry, but whenever any Nintendo gamer brings this up, I laugh. How many Mario rehashes, sequels, and spin-offs have we seen since its original conception? I rest my case.

I love Nintendo, but they're far from original in their games. Something like Katamari Damacy is certainly more original than any Nintendo game I've seen.

I'm sorry, but whenever any Nintendo gamer brings this up, I laugh. How many Mario rehashes, sequels, and spin-offs have we seen since its original conception? I rest my case.

I love Nintendo, but they're far from original in their games. Something like Katamari Damacy is certainly more original than any Nintendo game I've seen.

I'm going to bring up a response to that then. Its my experience that every Mario game, although is a rehash on the surface, is anything but one in gameplay. Mario may be a commonly used character, but thats what sells the game. What keeps the people playing the game is what Mario is doing, and in every game its something different.