• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

[AU] Panasonic DMR-EH75VS will we ever see one?

kronik    0

I was wondering if anyone here on Neowin has any information regarding the availability of the Panasonic DMR-EH75VS, I saw this device on the US website but I couldn't find it anywhere on the Aussie website, the closest model they have is the DMR-ES35V, do all Panasonic devices take time to get released in Aus or is there a chance that we won't be seeing one at all? I hope its not the latter.

Also if its no trouble....bangbang023 can you give me your views/critics about this device, is it worth the money? I have loads of VHS's which I wish to transfer to DVDs is this the best device for the job in your opinion?

heres a link the the US website:

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/store...000000000005702

as for the Aussie website this is all the models theyve got so far:

http://panasonic.com.au/products/category.cfm?objectID=55

cheers.

/EDIT: YAY I'M L337!!

bangbang023    31

I've had quite a few people asking me about the unit, but unfortunately I have no first hand experience with it. In general, Panasonic's recorders are great as long as they work. Last year's models had software issues and this year's models seem to have some issues with disc compatibility. However, if you can get unit (or any of their models) and get media that it accepts, you should be fine as the problems seem to stop there this year. Do you absolutely need the DVR? I know it's an awesome feature, but if you're only copying from VHS to DVD, the 35 should serve you well enough (just trying to help you out).

edit: One thing I should mention is that it uses the TV Guide service. Besides being the reason it may not be available in Australia (not sure the service works down there), it is also been known to be very unreliable in terms of uptime.

kronik    0

firstly thanks for the quick reply bangbang023.

I think you might be on to something, the TV guide service based on my (limited) knowledge dosent exist here which might indicate that they are 2 different markets, as for the DVR I thougt it might help with the editing of VHS to DVD recording, for example if I want to copy sections of a/several VHS onto HDD then move them over to a DVD, but thats considering it has such editing capabilities, because from memory in previous models the only device that can do such things was the LG wheras the Panasonics only allow you to copy it over as is.

worst case i'll just settle for the 35 but I think this model dosent have HDMI which is a big downside, although I could be wrong but then again whats the 45 model for? have a look here:

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/store...000000000005702

bangbang023    31

The 45 has upconversion (which means HDMI) and an SD card slot on it.

kronik    0

does it matter if I end up getting the 75 or 45 and it dosent have 1080p? is it still worth the money? I mean should I wait a little?

Edited by kronik

bangbang023    31

It's only upconvert so I don't think you should really worry about that too much. You'd also have to have a TV that supports 1080p. I don't think I've seen any upconverters that do 1080p anyway.