PS3 Price  

355 members have voted

1. 1. PS3 Price - How is it?

• It's Too High but I'll Still Buy One
    • It's Fine and I'll Buy One
    • It's Too High and the X360 is looking better to me
    • The Price Didn't Matter - I Don't Want One
    • Too high, would rather go with a Wii

However, when November rolls around I could see it happening. In fact, I could see a $200 Core system, a $300 20GB version, and a $400 60GB or HD-DVD version or something.

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Yeah I really doubt Microsoft will drop the price on the 360 so soon. However, when November rolls around I could see it happening. In fact, I could see a $200 Core system, a $300 20GB version, and a $400 60GB or HD-DVD version or something.

Still, even without price changes, I'm expecting the Nintendo and Microsoft conferences to be way more interesting than Sony's.

The Xbox 360 will most probably receive a price cut of $100 (for each SKU) around the time that the PS3 is set for release.
Err, isn't that what the "shock" in "Dual Shock" means?
The PS2 controller sure shakes a lot for a controller that doesn't have feedback.
As I stated before in another post, there's a big difference between 'ForceFeedback' and Vibration/Rumbling in controllers...

Here's the difference:

ForceFeedback (again, only when done correctly) is the controller, or more frequently, a steering wheel that
opposes
your direction of movement as you take a hard turn in a racing game, or the joystick pushing down
against
your intended direction to simulate G-forces in a fighter-jet type of game.

Vibration is just that-- vibrating the controller when you blow something up or hit the trigger on your gun.

Do you guys see the difference? :)

What's that in UK price??

And...let's be honest here, who expected it to be cheap?

$600...just $100 under the most expensive system in gaming history...

What's that in UK price??

And...let's be honest here, who expected it to be cheap?

$600...just $100 under the most expensive system in gaming history...

$700 for Neo Geo :D

i think the price is reasonble. ill buy it when it is released.

anyone knows when is pre-order opening?

Well even though I wouldn't be able to get one on launch anyway (because of rabid Sony geeks here in Britain) I'd probably not of gotten one this year anyway because of the price, maybe next spring time. The whole conference (bar MGS4) was just a big snore.

UK prices its about ?500 for one and thats if they take into account exchange rates which they never have yet. If its $300 its normally ?300

So ?500-600 for a games console, nevermind anygames or optional extras like a second controller, not on your life and not when half of its features like its tilting controller etc are pretty much copied from other companys.

original PS2 was bought on the night of launch at AUS$750, for a much better system (well the same for the time :p) for only AUS$30 extra, hell yeah :D

The price is too high and I'll still buy one just not anytime soon after it's release. 400 dollars is really the max I could do so there's just no logical way for me, if I were to get it, it'd be months before I could even get a game for it. So maybe come 2009 or so I'll have gotten it.

original PS2 was bought on the night of launch at AUS$750, for a much better system (well the same for the time :p) for only AUS$30 extra, hell yeah :D

...Try $249 more. smh.com.au is saying they'll be AUS$999, and I wouldn't even think about buying the basic one at $799. The wifi is a must for me for online gaming. So, despite my also purchasing a PS2 at launch, it doesn't look like a PS3 will be sitting under my tv for some time. The Wii, on the other hand...

it doesn't look like a PS3 will be sitting under my tv for some time.

Not unless your TV is ten feet off the floor anyway...sorry couldn't resist. Honestly though the thing is huge.

Someone also noticed J.Allard was right when he said the PS3 had no vent holes last year.

ps2point52xw.jpg

Yesterday's new version on the right.

...Try $249 more. smh.com.au is saying they'll be AUS$999, and I wouldn't even think about buying the basic one at $799. The wifi is a must for me for online gaming. So, despite my also purchasing a PS2 at launch, it doesn't look like a PS3 will be sitting under my tv for some time. The Wii, on the other hand...

damn xe.com converted me for $780, but that isnt the right price, just found that out.

hmmm, $1000 for a PS3 6 years in the making :wacko: i think im with u on this one

^ Nope, no one knows yet. That's a good question though--will Blu Ray games be the same priced as DVD ones?

As for me, it's way too expensive. I pushed myself for $400 for the 360 and $600 is over the limit for a console.

I look forward to Nintendo and MS conference today. :)

i read this a week or two ago, but from what i remember, xbox360 will receive a price drop this october. the price drop is $100... i know i would be getting one for sure.

We all know how well it's going to sell though. ;)

As long as games aren't more than 60 (That's pushing it right there.) at release, I'll buy the 500 dollar version. Depending on later events though, I may just wait and get the 60 gig version at a reduced price in a couple months.

Honestly, I wish they would lower the price by 50 dollars. It would spark alot more interest.

Just watched PS3 E3 conference.

It's not worth 600$ (Or 500$).

Actually, it's definantly worth it. It's an awesome system that has blu-ray, worth probably 1000+ on it's own.

It's just not realistic to sell that to normal consumers. :-\

What about VAT taxation? Are these selling prices (EUR500 and EUR600) prices reflecting the 20% avarage VAT Taxation in Europe?

1147161315_g_0.jpg