No, Wii don't have a price!

aww $250

that is a little heavy

Indeed. I'll probably wait a bit before getting it then. Nintendo is going to kill me with this damn DS Lite and Mario DS as it is and I want to get the 360 once it drops in price.

That is a bit steep. I was hoping for closer to $200. It's still a good price when you consider the PS3 is $600, but I think I'll wait a bit until the price comes down to pick it up. I have my DS to keep me happy until then. Plus buying a console at luanch is just dumb anyway, lol.

It seriously is a bit too much for what you get. The technology is worth $150 at most. The 360 Core is not much more at $300 which might cause a bit of trouble for Nintendo. I hope the price is wrong, but if it's not, it doesn't exactly fall into the 'Budget' category.

where did you get this info? the Nintendo keynote didn't even occur, as far as i know...

i call BS on this :\

no way the Wii can pull off that price with lower quality hardware :\ i want an affordable wii!!!! -- erm... wait... that sounded wrong.... :|

where did you get this info? the Nintendo keynote didn't even occur, as far as i know...

i call BS on this :\

no way the Wii can pull off that price with lower quality hardware :\ i want an affordable wii!!!! -- erm... wait... that sounded wrong.... :|

lol to the quote above, but anyways, yeah 250 seems like a lot, 200 would of been reasonable for it i think, 150 and i would get it as soon as i could get my hands on it. Would 250 be for the bundle? or just the system?

:\ i want an affordable wii!!!! -- erm... wait... that sounded wrong.... :|

if you go to central park in NYC after 10pm you can get a bunch of those... :shifty: :laugh: :rofl: :p

If it was $200 I would have definitely bought one... now $250 I will have to wait and see how the games play and see how much the Nintendo conference impresses me.

Also, what's the point of a speaker on the controller? What could that be used for I wonder?

Also, what's the point of a speaker on the controller? What could that be used for I wonder?

For a greater sense of immersion I guess.

For example, if the controller is being used as a gun, the speaker could be used every time a shot is fired. Or in a tennis game, it could be used to make it sound like the controller is actually hitting a ball.

Sounds like true surround sound to me...

For a greater sense of immersion I guess.

For example, if the controller is being used as a gun, the speaker could be used every time a shot is fired. Or in a tennis game, it could be used to make it sound like the controller is actually hitting a ball.

Sounds like true surround sound to me...

Ah, that's pretty cool! But it would have to be fairly loud and/or high-quality to make it have any sort of real use because I'm sure it would sound pretty bland if it were in a 5.1 home theater system. Then comes the question... how much would each controller be in that case? :blink:

Ah, that's pretty cool! But it would have to be fairly loud and/or high-quality to make it have any sort of real use because I'm sure it would sound pretty bland if it were in a 5.1 home theater system. Then comes the question... how much would each controller be in that case? :blink:

Yeah it sounds like a great idea.

I was thinking those same questions too. Also, there would have to be a way to adjust the volume somehow.

But either way, I'm still not sure if I trust the souce. Waiting until Nintendo reveals all at tomorrow's conference. :yes:

How about make it $200, and, $225 for the people who want HDTV.

I'd gladly pay $225 for an HDTV Wii.

$25 won't be much of a difference, but what's with all the dual SKUs? I really hope the Nintendo Wii is a signle SKU. I think multiple SKUs really confuses the average consumer and is overall detrimental to the industry.

How about make it $200, and, $225 for the people who want HDTV.

I'd gladly pay $225 for an HDTV Wii.

Having 2 versions of the same console is stupid, as well as consfusing to parents. I'm glad Nintendo is keeping it simple and only coming out with one version with everything you need. Also it would make things much more complicated for developers and drive up thier costs. Bad idea. And you're dreaming if you think it would only cost an extra $25 to enable it to have HD support. Why do you think the PS3 and XB360 are so much more expensive?

Indeed. I'll probably wait a bit before getting it then. Nintendo is going to kill me with this damn DS Lite and Mario DS as it is and I want to get the 360 once it drops in price.

mmm, mario DS :woot:

$250 US does seem very expensive when you compare it to past nintendos. Don't think i'll get the wii, seems a bit TOO eccentric for me.

No solid source on this so I'd tend to not believe it until it's printed by Nintendo. $250 is a good price though.

I don't necessarilly believe it either, but I could see the price being $250. Though $200 does sound possible, I think it may be $250 after all.

As Joystiq (I think) pointed out, GCN was GOING to be $250 and the N64 was GOING to be $250 but both ended up retailing at $199 on launch, so there is a good possibility that the same will happen with Wii.

It's probably worth noting that Nintendo has been quoted as saying that the remote is the expensive thing, not the console.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99015 <-- Original source I believe.

http://www.engadget.com/media/2006/05/zelda-revolution.jpg

^^ Link has a picture of the EGM magazine.

Edited by AZKABAZ