2 Kittens Born Good Friday bear Mysterious Marks

LeeAnn Jacobs says she doesn't think her two kittens, each born with a distinct cross on its back, are the handiwork of the Almighty. Even though they were born on Good Friday, she doesn't think the crossed kitties have any connection to Christ.

But she does think Angel, who bears a distinct cross, and Grace, whose cross is slightly less clear, are pretty cool cats.

The female pair and an all-white male were born to mama cat Lady J.

Jacobs, 50, said she's been around cats all her life -- with the latest additions she has 10 -- but has never seen anything like the markings on Angel and Grace.

"I think it's unique, but not some sort of a divine feline intervention," she said.

Toni Van Pelt, executive director of the Center for Inquiry in Tampa, a group of skeptics who promote "science, reason and inquiry," said she fears others may not share Jacobs' secular view.

"I think a lot of people will come to her house and worship at the altar of the kitty," Van Pelt said. "It could jeopardize their health and well-being."

Jacobs said she loves the kittens and won't let that happen.

post-37120-1147195715_thumb.jpg

source

Here's a question. If the owner of the cats doesn't think there's any 'divine intervention' in the patterns on the cats' backs...

...then how did this become a news story at all? Who reported it? Why report something that you don't think is spectacular in any way shape or form? Could it be for attention? Methinks Ms Jacobs was hungry for a little attention.

:huh: Story could have come from a vet's office she took them to, or a family member, or close friend could have left the cat out of the bag.

My question is, what particular breed are the cats, and what does a 'normal' cat like that look like ?

a normal cat looks just like the pictures you've posted.

people sometimes see what they want to see.

ever notice how the letter t looks a bit like a cross?? you know if you take the ends off of a swastika it's a cross??? what about cross-roads huh, what are they all about?? omg what does it all mean??

a normal cat looks just like the pictures you've posted.

people sometimes see what they want to see.

ever notice how the letter t looks a bit like a cross?? you know if you take the ends off of a swastika it's a cross??? what about cross-roads huh, what are they all about?? omg what does it all mean??

sorry to crash that train you got going that but thats a Crucifix not just a cross

A cats markings and are actually determined by the diet and enviroment the mother cat is in whilst pregnant. So Maybe it was sneeking into the local church a lot :)

sorry to crash that train you got going that but thats a Crucifix not just a cross

I'm not quite sure what you mean here. What is a crucifix?

do you mean the marks on the cat? if so what specifically makes it a crucifix over a cross? the article itself calls it a cross and not a crucifix.

i'm lost :(

LeeAnn Jacobs says she doesn't think her two kittens, each born with a distinct cross on its back, are the handiwork of the Almighty. Even though they were born on Good Friday, she doesn't think the crossed kitties have any connection to Christ.

A cats markings and are actually determined by the diet and enviroment the mother cat is in whilst pregnant. So Maybe it was sneeking into the local church a lot :)

LMAO!!! XD

and wats wif the double post???

lol they're like an hour apart, now that's some serious lagging. :)

still funny though, mebbe a strict diet of church mice was to blame?

:laugh: I think the owner should auction the kittys off on e-Bay -- much better than mere toast with Virgin Mary images.