Super Monkey Ball Wii screens

I don't think that graphics are more important than gameplay, but I expected things to improve a bit more over the 5 years or so between GC and Wii and so will other people. As it is right now, the Wii seems like a beefed up gamecube with a remote. The controller may be revolutionary, but the rest of the system just seems like a carry-over. Not that any of this will stop me from having fun, but we'll see what consumers think in a few months

I am not impressed.

The Game Cube could have handled this game.

VidER

And the Dreamcast could have handled Monkey Ball 1 and 2.

I can't wait to play this with the tilt control (although I will fear sneezing like no other :p) but am I the only one who is not impressed by the graphics?

Seems to have reminisces of cel-shading mixed in...

They are using modified gamecube dev kits what do you expect? Even the developers dont have final systems yet.

Wasn't it the xbox 360 That got an extra 256 megs of ram right before launch ?

i think what they're getting at is what i've been trying to:

this is entirely possible on the gamecube - they could have released the controller for the cube and the game would have worked.

its a gamecube+ in my opinion.

I think they're trying to do too much with the Super Monkey Ball franchise as a whole.

And I'm a supporter of Wii 100%, while I have a 360 and plan on getting a PS3, Wii is the most anticipated. I like the direction it's taking with gameplay designs and such, but these graphics just don't cut it at all for me.

Looks cute for some people, but I'm not impressed by this at all.

Why are any of you looking to be impressed by Super Mokey Ball? Seriously...wait to be impressed by Metroid, or Zelda, Resident Evil. The grahpics are fine for a game of it's calibur. Really.

Get over it...?

this is entirely possible on the gamecube - they could have released the controller for the cube and the game would have worked.

its a gamecube+ in my opinion.

No. If you actually bothered to read the link posted before posting that big chunk of speculative BS, you would have realized that this game is planned to take full advantage of the Wii controller.

You didn't really read my comment did you?

I said that if the controller were be released for the gamecube, it'd be what the wii is now,

this game is not next gen at all, visually its **** and if the controller were on the cube it'd run on that.

this game makes no use of any new console features.

the wii is not new at all, its just a gamecube with a new controller.

you expect ANTIALIASING at LEAST, if your going to be on SD resolution then use antialiasing,

thats what it was created for.

forget fancy shaders and stuff - if you want to stick to SDTV then at least up the graphics card power to handle aa.

edit:

kudos for nintendo for marketing a new controller as a new console.

if there is new hardware power in there nintendo, your not using it.

Edited by Shetland

I have to agree with people saying that this isn't anything the GameCube couldn't handle today. Which isn't too bad as long as they prize it accordingly.

So why are the Screenshots in widescreen? I thought Wii wasn't going to support 16:9 and/or HD

Uh, the Wii was always going to support 16:9. And it's going to support HD. Just like the Gamecube. The developers have the option of developing in 720, if they'd like. Like the original Xbox. And most Wii games will be running in 16:9, progressive scan. :D

Edit, when I say support HD, I mean it'll be able to output HD. Not have actual "HD Graphics" like the 360/PS3.

the wii is not new at all, its just a gamecube with a new controller.

So I can download Nintendo's back-catalog on GameCube? Sega's?

I can watch DVDs on GameCube?

My GameCube support wireless controllers out of the box?

My GameCube actually can read SD cards?

I didn't have to buy that memory card for my Cube, because it comes with 512MB of flash?

My GameCube has a graphics chip that ATI spent the last 4 years designing?

And consequently, the graphics capabilities of Wii are beyond the GameCube. Just not every game is showing it, because hey, what do you know, the early Wii dev kits were just GameCubes.

this is what ****es me off about nintendo fans.

I'm sure most of us aren't too thrilled with you, but we're not reacting like that.

IMO, the graphics are meant to look different, not good. The GameCube version technically looked better than this, but this is a different graphical style, similar to cel shading -- acquired tastes.

You Wii (negative omega) bashers just don't get it... the only difference in playing the PS3 and Xbox360 is the better graphics. That's it! You're paying huge sums of money for better graphics, the gameplay is pretty much the same as before... I don't see the big deal. The Wii is massively different than the gamecube in the gameplay department. It puts a whole new spin on how you play video games. It does have better graphics, but the full graphics potential hasn't been utilized in this game. It doesn't really matter for this game, do you really want fight night graphics on a game called Super Monkey Ball? The new Zelda games graphics are fantastic, and they look almost as good as 360 graphics, IMO.

You guys are just jealous that your systems cost twice as much... eventually I will buy a PS3 and prob a 360 as well, but I cant exactly throw down $500 for a system...

Right I'm just going to give up.

most people want graphics - having something look real is going to be far more important than waving a stick at a cel shaded game.

hopefully they'll pull out some realistic looking game and i can eat my words but till then nintendo - you suck.

its not technologically better by a far amount.

the masses want something that looks and sounds great, waving a controller around is all fine and dandy but every person i know whats something fantastic looking, something that will blow you away - that doesnt mean gore always, ****s sake we at least want the edges of models to look smooth.

and to the poster a few posts up, my point is everything the wii can do could have been done with a cube addon because the heart of the console is the same.

thats my final word.

You guys are just jealous that your systems cost twice as much... eventually I will buy a PS3 and prob a 360 as well, but I cant exactly throw down $500 for a system...

Jealous on a system that will be available for pretty much everyone who is willing to pay the prize tag?

This won't be anything exclusive that only you and a limited amount of die-hard Nintendo fans can acquire.

Right I'm just going to give up.

most people want graphics - having something look real is going to be far more important than waving a stick at a cel shaded game.

hopefully they'll pull out some realistic looking game and i can eat my words but till then nintendo - you suck.

its not technologically better by a far amount.

the masses want something that looks and sounds great, waving a controller around is all fine and dandy but every person i know whats something fantastic looking, something that will blow you away - that doesnt mean gore always, ****s sake we at least want the edges of models to look smooth.

and to the poster a few posts up, my point is everything the wii can do could have been done with a cube addon because the heart of the console is the same.

thats my final word.

most people expect rolling monkeys around in a ball to be fantastic looking, blow them away???

unless your really perceptive :whistle: you shouldnt try and make massive conclusions from a few screenshots.