• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

First shots with D50 !

hotdog666al    31

How good is it for taking myspace scene shots?

peterish    2

nice shots PeterClark :D

and what exactly do you mean hotdog?

Billthy    3

may i ask how much you paid and where you got it from?

I am thinking about getting this or a Digital Rebel XT. I still cant decide

gjm75    0

I personally am a little disappointed with the pictures.

Not the quality, but that fact that they don't show what the D50 can really do. I use my D50 mated to a nikkor 70-300 lense to take pictures of my daughter playing soccer. By no means is the lens I'm using expensive, and in no way could I tell you what ISO or shutter speed was used, but wow are the pictures great.

For whoever it was that asked, around here I believe the D50 with the 18-55mm lens is around 650$.

This is by far the best camera I have ever had.

PeterClark    0

I personally am a little disappointed with the pictures.

Not the quality, but that fact that they don't show what the D50 can really do. I use my D50 mated to a nikkor 70-300 lense to take pictures of my daughter playing soccer. By no means is the lens I'm using expensive, and in no way could I tell you what ISO or shutter speed was used, but wow are the pictures great.

For whoever it was that asked, around here I believe the D50 with the 18-55mm lens is around 650$.

This is by far the best camera I have ever had.

post some? :)

gjm75    0

post some? :)

dsc2891small9mf.th.jpg

I hope I do this right.

This picture was taken from the center field, she was across the field and halfway to the goal. So it is a pretty good shot for such a distance. I prefer the 18-55 lens that came with the camera, it takes better pictures, it is true that you get what you pay for and this is the cheapest 70-300 lens I could find (i'm on a budget). The picture is unedited, it is from her game today, it was taken in jpg format, the highest resolution right below NEF (RAW).

Edited by gjm75

hotdog666al    31

and what exactly do you mean hotdog?

See. "Extreme Angle" in particular.

Kerm    51

^You wouldn't be able to take that shot with a zoom lense unless you have 10ft arms, but something below 35mm should be fine.

kin    0

gorgeous<3

PeterClark    0

obviously i added some photoshop stuff, but cool photo anyway :)

152494969_be0365e09c.jpg

KC    0

See. "Extreme Angle" in particular.

:blink: If you buy a D50 just to take photo's to put on myspace then I feel sorry for you.

gjm75 I am confused why you are disappointed in the pictures?

Anyways your photo looks a little over exposed.

gjm75    0

gjm75 I am confused why you are disappointed in the pictures?

Sorry if I offended or you didn't understand. I'm not a big fan of pictures of trees or things and I think that the D50 is at its best taking pictues of people or events that are caught while the action occurs. Or the picture that was posted by Peter Clark, I find that picture very interesting, it causes me to wonder what was happening.

Anyways your photo looks a little over exposed.

It is the only picture posted so far that is straight from ther camera. That is what a picture from a D50 is like. If it conveys the fact that it was a bright and sunny day then all the better.

PeterClark    0

Sorry if I offended or you didn't understand. I'm not a big fan of pictures of trees or things and I think that the D50 is at its best taking pictues of people or events that are caught while the action occurs. Or the picture that was posted by Peter Clark, I find that picture very interesting, it causes me to wonder what was happening.

It is the only picture posted so far that is straight from ther camera. That is what a picture from a D50 is like. If it conveys the fact that it was a bright and sunny day then all the better.

all my photos (except the one i posted later on) were taken from the camera -> to flickr :) No editing.

The photos we've taken are very artistic, focusing on very specific areas of the photograph -- whereas yours is more of a standard photograph. It just depends what you wish to do with your camera! :)

peterish    2

Thank you for the comments; and no, I was not a bit offended, but I do find it curious as to why you theorize that the D50 is not at it's best while taking pictures of trees?? I am very confused; please clarify.