for or against spanking?

should parents be allowed to spank their kids ?  

385 members have voted

1. 1. should parents be allowed to spank their kids ?

• yes
    • no

I say spank the little brats and teach them some manners. Parents today don't discipline their children like they used to. All you need to do is take a look around the grocery store to see how it's causing problems.

I see no problem with a swat on the rear if a child is really acting up. I'm not talking laying a belt to them...that's insane and wrong...but popping their rear once or twice is no big deal.

I see no problem with a swat on the rear if a child is really acting up

But in the wrong context and wen they grow up this wont work..the reward system when you threaten to deprive them of somthing is netter if feel.

Im not saying depriving them of food :p but allowances or candy..

just out of curiousity...is it against the law now to spank (aka considered abuse)? like if some other parent finds out and tells the police, are they gonna take your kid away? It wouldn?t be hard for me to believe that some over zealous parents do go for that

just curious, im not a parent, but I am scared is there consequences if I would just spank my child? It seems that just the way society is going

But anyways, I was spanked as a kid. Did make me think twice about doing it again?although I still remember trying to put a diaper or two on under my clothes for protect:)n :)

But I will admit when they took away my Nintendo for a day, a week, whatever?that was way more effective! I wanted to play my Mario Bros!

just out of curiousity...is it against the law now to spank (aka considered abuse)? like if some other parent finds out and tells the police, are they gonna take your kid away? It wouldn?t be hard for me to believe that some over zealous parents do go for that

It was illegal for a while in Canada and yes there were parents that called the police if they witnessed public spanking. Eventually a new law was put forth that allowed parental spanking a restrictive circumstances but only between the ages of 2 and 12 and no objects can be used. Canada typically employs education campaigns for the purpose of eliminating or at least reducing spanking. It is illegal in schools.

Spanking is illegal in Sweden, Switzerland, Iceland, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Austria, Germany, Italy, Malta, Cyprus, Croatia, Israel and Latvia.

Spanking is illegal is UK schools (and, I believe, most western nations). Spanking is legal in the United States and is allowed in schools in about half the states (mostly in the South).

It was illegal for a while in Canada and yes there were parents that called the police if they witnessed public spanking. Eventually a new law was put forth that allowed parental spanking a restrictive circumstances but only between the ages of 2 and 12 and no objects can be used. Canada typically employs education campaigns for the purpose of eliminating or at least reducing spanking. It is illegal in schools.

Spanking is illegal in Sweden, Switzerland, Iceland, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Austria, Germany, Italy, Malta, Cyprus, Croatia, Israel and Latvia.

Spanking is illegal is UK schools (and, I believe, most western nations). Spanking is legal in the United States and is allowed in schools in about half the states (mostly in the South).

thanks for the reply. happen to know the United States rules too? :)

edit...oops I just saw the last sentence. I never thought it would be ok for someone that is not the parent to spank someone (at least without the parents permission) That just doesnt seem right

thanks for the reply. happen to know the United States rules too? :)

edit...oops I just saw the last sentence. I never thought it would be ok for someone that is not the parent to spank someone (at least without the parents permission) That just doesnt seem right

I too was surprised at state sanctioned corporal punishment of children.

The United States is a violent society (relative to other western nations) and it makes you wonder if the local violence normalizes spanking or if the spanking causes the local violence or both. Perhaps it is a cycle. A catch-22.

I too was surprised at state sanctioned corporal punishment of children.

The United States is a violent society (relative to other western nations) and it makes you wonder if the local violence normalizes spanking or if the spanking causes the local violence or both. Perhaps it is a cycle. A catch-22.

What about permeated religious ideals? :whistle: