• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Xbox360 Region Code incorrect!

M.F.D.K    18

i bought xbox360 today. ;) and all gone well so far but when i try connecting to Vista Media center i get this error "Disc's region code is incorrect for this console". Could someone tell me what this suppose to mean..! I tried to run a set up from this website "http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/pcsetup" and i get this message; :angry:

"Cannot Connect the Xbox 360 console to This Computer

This computer is currently running a newer version of Media Center. The computer must be running Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 in order for the Xbox 360 console to connect.

To learn more about compatibility with Windows XP Media Center Edition, visit the Media Center website."

thanks

Xerxes    252

What version of Vista you running? if your running an older build of it, trying getting the latest one as I know that one does support the Xbox 360 as a media extender...other then that I can't think of anything else, perhaps someone else might have some other ideas on what is happening?

f4af_billy    0

as far as im aware, xbox360 media centre extenderness is only supported in vista 5381. theres a guide near the very bottom of the download list over on connect on how to set it all up. cant really help you any further than that as ive not got a 360... unless someone gives me one for free??

M.F.D.K    18

What version of Vista you running? if your running an older build of it, trying getting the latest one as I know that one does support the Xbox 360 as a media extender...other then that I can't think of anything else, perhaps someone else might have some other ideas on what is happening?

Well actually it clearly says that my win vista media center is a newer version of media center n 360 can't support it, so its not the other way around. :wacko:

Stebet    10

Media Center Extender capabilities are limited to US consoles only to begin with. The Media Center Extender team MIGHT include other regions later in the testing phase but they want to iron out bugs with only one region to begin with (having less bugs will make it simpler for them to add PAL/Teletext support etc. once they get closer to release).

Vista Media Center WILL support all regions when it is officially released, this US console limitation only applies to the beta.

M.F.D.K    18

as far as im aware, xbox360 media centre extenderness is only supported in vista 5381. theres a guide near the very bottom of the download list over on connect on how to set it all up. cant really help you any further than that as ive not got a 360... unless someone gives me one for free??

yah im using the 5381, i just check on connect and i don't see anythin in there :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot "Stebet"

Stebet    10

B.t.w. 5381.1 DOES work with the 360 as an extender although i've heard people have some speed issues. Beta 2 should be the first build to properly support Extender capabilities with the 360 (limited to US consoles of course).

fishrman    0

If you were a dilligent, legal tester, this wouldn't be an issue. The media center extender newsgroups have spelt this out quite well for the past week, and there are various tid bits of information and downloads related to Xbox360 media center connectivity on Microsoft Connect. You don't have to respond, but I just thought I'd let you know.

M.F.D.K    18

If you were a dilligent, legal tester, this wouldn't be an issue. The media center extender newsgroups have spelt this out quite well for the past week, and there are various tid bits of information and downloads related to Xbox360 media center connectivity on Microsoft Connect. You don't have to respond, but I just thought I'd let you know.

although i respect your legal advice but as far as im concerned i'm a legal beta tester.