firewall setting problem

hi, i am setting up my zywall 10w router, the webserver can be access through the internet from other LAN, but the PC under the router (same network with the webserver) cannot access the webserver through the internet line, is there anyone facing this problem before? :no:

It sounds like you need to setup an entry on your internal DNS server to point to the internal address of the web server (though I am having a hard time with the description of your problem).

It sounds like you need to setup an entry on your internal DNS server to point to the internal address of the web server (though I am having a hard time with the description of your problem).

sorry for the confuse statement.

i am having a webserver installed behind the router, i can access it through the internal LAN, and the users out there can access the webserver too, but all the PC behind the router (which is same network to the webserver) somehow cannot access the webserver by going to internet, when we type the internet ip of that server, it will show the router login screen.

Are you performing a NAT translation in order to get to the internal Web Server? Depending on what kind of router you are using, it sounds like you need to set up a static NAT translation for the public IP to the private IP / port number on the router.

PUBLIC IP - port 80 ---> Router ----> Private IP - port 80.

Can users outside your LAN connect to the Web Server?

Are you performing a NAT translation in order to get to the internal Web Server? Depending on what kind of router you are using, it sounds like you need to set up a static NAT translation for the public IP to the private IP / port number on the router.

PUBLIC IP - port 80 ---> Router ----> Private IP - port 80.

Can users outside your LAN connect to the Web Server?

hi cjbeckwith, there is nothing i can set for this public IP and private IP.

it only has start IP and end IP.

lots of routers have issues with loopback forwarding.. betasp gave you the solution.. have your internal users, use the internal IP of the webserver.. Why would you use the public -- if your on the private in the first place? ;)

lots of routers have issues with loopback forwarding.. betasp gave you the solution.. have your internal users, use the internal IP of the webserver.. Why would you use the public -- if your on the private in the first place? ;)

exactly

If you want to check it's working, just go to guardster.com, and enter your URL in there.

ZyWALL 10W is a VPN/Firewall devices, with 1 LAN port, 1 WAN port, & a PCMCIA slot for wireless.

According to wat u have described, ur webserver & PCs are connected to LAN port, most likely using a desktop switch, & internet to the WAN.

If u r able to access ur website from internet dat mostly mean u have configured port forwarding correctly.

As for ur problem regarding accessing webserver from ur PC (connected to LAN port) & seeing the router login screen, this is because ur internet IP is actually also ur ZyWALLs WAN port address.

Try doing this, go into ur router configuration wizard, select 'Remote Management', select 'WWW' tab. In this screen, on 'Server Access' drop-down box choose 'LAN only'. Save these settings & try. I hope this might solve the problem.

If your Zywall is like one of my Sonicwalls (and I bet it is), loopback will be a problem. One thing you could do if you have more than one IP adddress is to NAT one to the server and NAT one to the rest of the network. We used to do the DNS thing (mentioned above) but when we upgraded our "T" I just NAT'ed one IP to the web server and used the other IP to NAT the network.