Apple Macbook is Out

Hey Dazzla, you've installed Vista Beta 2 on your MacBook. Could you tell me how you went about doing this, and if it would work on Windows 2000 Professional? Boot Camp solution (not Parallels). I'd rather use Win2000 but am currently on XP SP2 with everything turned off (I don't need Luna).

I had been tracking the shipment on the TNT online tracker, watched it go from China, to Arnhem (Netherlands) to Northampton, UK and finally to our local depot, Reading, UK. On the day of delivery I was refreshing the page every ten minutes expecting to see it change to "Out for delivery." instead I saw "Unsendable - Consignment damaged" :cry:

I rang TNT, and she checked on her system and it turned out the MacBook had been CRUSHED during transit. :| A week of transit and it got crushed at the last hurdle :(

Daniel

Thats bloody terrible! Mine is going to be making the same trip to the reading depot I believe, it was despatched on its journey today...argh! I cant believe they dont have a UK warehouse :s

Hey Dazzla, you've installed Vista Beta 2 on your MacBook. Could you tell me how you went about doing this, and if it would work on Windows 2000 Professional? Boot Camp solution (not Parallels). I'd rather use Win2000 but am currently on XP SP2 with everything turned off (I don't need Luna).

You can use Boot Camp to setup the 2 partitions (if you're happy with 2 partitions) then just restart with the Windows CD in whilst holding C. I've not tried Windows 2000, I do have a Windows 2000 CD so I can try booting from it, I suspect it will work but I've no idea if the drivers will be ok. I'm not sure if generic drivers work or not.

Cant wait to see how it runs Aperture :) i love that program but i was wondering if the GFX holds it back? Since it is very dependant on it

tbh from what i see the specs of the gma950, its a very capable gpu.

dont get what everyones beef is really. but still it clearly isnt a high end gpu, surely if you wanted high end you have to go pro anyway.

Superb. Reading now. Your reviews are always a pleasure to read. I highly recommend you post this on NotebookReview.com in the review section. It'll garner much more page views.

ooh earlier than thought. will read now :)

do you have a site with your reviews. your other reviews are done very well... could become a professional amature with it :p