Apple Macbook is Out

Well, it does decode 1080p video perfectly. That's a plus in my book.

well... games are the deal breaker, here.

specially now that you can put Windows in those machines too

Perfect timinig!!!!

I've sold my old 12" iBook last week.... and now the new MacBook it's here! And I'll be in New York at the end of June.... so I can buy one at the new Apple Store on the Fifth Avenue!!!! I couldn't be happier today!!!! :woot: :woot:

Well this is all I expected and then some. I figured there would be a core solo model so this was a nice surprise. Besides the integrated graphics, this little thing is pretty powerful. And the all magnetic latching system is just cool, lol.

The only thing I'm disapointed with is that Black is only avaliable in the high end model. Besides that, this little thing is a great consumer oriented computer and should sell very well. I guess this also means though, no 12" MacBook Pro :(

Oh well, a very nice surprise to wake up to this morning, lol.

So really, how bad is the GMA thingo. I'm dying to press the add to basket button but want to make sure i'm doing the right choice. I'm settling for the better white one atm. I want to replace my desktop, but I'm going to have to get an external hard-drive to accommodate for my 250gb of crap.

hmm... portability.

hmm...cant say im happy...

the graphic sucks...i was hoping to do some minor photoshop and final cut on it..and a standard 512 ram? and expensive black ones...i think apple just did an apple again...

mehh...and to top it all, its not as light as i was hoping for...i need to see it person..otherwise i think the sony viao is worth it

Integrated Intel GMA 950? $1100?! No Thanks! I thought i was going to buy one of these then they go and do this. $200 premium for 20GB and black? Are you kidding me? I'm off apple. I can buy a $600 dell and get this same setup. :huh:

You know who i am loyal too? My Wallet!

I want to replace my desktop (and I game) so the Integrated Graphics is the deal breaker for me. I will be going to go for the MacBook Pro (and I'm still going to wait longer for Merom) because of this. Really cool that the base MacBook Pro model has had it's CPU upgraded to 2.0Ghz standard (now they can claim the "5X" faster instead of 4X, if that's even true :p).

What are the Advantages/Disadvantages of the Glossy Screen? Which one is better for Gaming?

I want to replace my desktop (and I game) so the Integrated Graphics is the deal breaker for me. I will be going to go for the MacBook Pro (and I'm still going to wait longer for Merom) because of this. Really cool that the base MacBook Pro model has had it's CPU upgraded to 2.0Ghz standard (now they can claim the "5X" faster instead of 4X, if that's even true :p).

What are the Advantages/Disadvantages of the Glossy Screen? Which one is better for Gaming?

Gaming on Mac!!! :wacko:

Integrated Intel GMA 950? $1100?! No Thanks! I thought i was going to buy one of these then they go and do this. $200 premium for 20GB and black? Are you kidding me? I'm off apple. I can buy a $600 dell and get this same setup. :huh:

SHOW ME A $600 dell INTEL CORE DUO LAPTOP!!! :angry:

So really, how bad is the GMA thingo. I'm dying to press the add to basket button but want to make sure i'm doing the right choice. I'm settling for the better white one atm. I want to replace my desktop, but I'm going to have to get an external hard-drive to accommodate for my 250gb of crap.

hmm... portability.

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1821810,00.asp < good article on it

I can buy a $600 dell and get this same setup. :huh:

Then do it, i honestly don't think anybody cares about you not buying it.

Yeah of course, because with a Dell laptop you also get OS X, Front Row, the Apple Remote, a great LCD screen like that (I've seen a lot of windows laptop, I use a lot at work, and honestly the only LCD I've seen better than the ones in the Apple laptops are the Vaio's).

And all of this complains for an integrated Intel GMA 950 !!? How many $600 laptops have Firewire? And i mean the full firewire, not the small one that don't support powering ?!?

Edited: Wow, in the meantime I was writing my post you already had 3 posts against your arguments....

Looks nice aside from the $200 price differential. THey know people will likely pay more for the black...

Still, I think the MacBook Pro is the way to go for my desktop replacer (now that I can run HL2 on it)..

If you want to game on a laptop and that's all you care about, don't buy a friggin' Apple, sheesh. As an owner of a Inspiron 700m, which I love and purchased because it's small, portable, and is widescreen, the new macbook is PERFECT and exactly what I was looking for. And guess what? A similarly-configured 710m, with a Pentium M, screen size and hardware is about the same price as the black macbook. At any rate, good luck finding games that look decent on a 13" 1280x800 widescreen display. After a revision or two, the macbook will be my next laptop, because I can't get OS X legally on a PC laptop of that formfactor, and that alone is worth the price of admission. I'm sick of trying to shoehorn Linux into a portable platform.

If you are that concerned about games wherever you go, buy yourself a Wintendo and be happy.

Yeah of course, because with a Dell laptop you also get OS X, Front Row, the Apple Remote, a great LCD screen like that (I've seen a lot of windows laptop, I use a lot at work, and honestly the only LCD I've seen better than the ones in the Apple laptops are the Vaio's).

And all of this complains for an integrated Intel GMA 950 !!? How many $600 laptops have Firewire? And i mean the full firewire, not the small one that don't support powering ?!?

Edited: Wow, in the meantime I was writing my post you already had 3 posts against your arguments....

In all honesty I've never seen a device that uses Firewire, they're all USB. :p

Is the Intel chipset really that bad? I mean if we're smart enough to realise that we won't be using this a gaming machine...

SHOW ME A $600 dell INTEL CORE DUO LAPTOP!!! :angry:

For truth $750

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/con...c=E1505S2&s=dhs

Ok... it's a 1.66GHz Core Duo... but still... 750 versus 1100 ...

You can put a x1400, 1GB, MCE Remote, DVD-RW, Better Batery and it will cost only $67 higher............

There where a time where Macs was Macs...

Now it's a PC running a beter OS... that's all...

I would rather lose the isight and or the remote for a dedicated GPU.

What a rip, my 12" powerbook can run more pro software like Motion 2 and Aperture (will install hack). My credit card was on standby, but now what? I need the small form factor but a better card than the intel one.

Apple should have used the black one as the 12" powerbook replacement, added a dedicated ati GPU and charged a bit more for it, (and not just for the colour). Aluminium would have been a more expensive option anyway.

Apple is getting more like Dell every day. You see the advertised price, think thats a good price, then realise you need to add more options to get the machine upto spec. Whats the point of having a powerful processor and not a GPU to match when OSX and VISTA need them, and in the near future more software, photoshop for example, will take advantage of the extra power a GPU provides.

This machine should have at the very least been able to run Aperture. What about any software coming out in the next 6 -12 months, the machine is already out dated.