Apple Macbook is Out

It depends on wich games you want to play. I think strategic games like age of empires or something like that will run fine. But 3d monsters like HL2 not.

It depends on wich games you want to play. I think strategic games like age of empires or something like that will run fine. But 3d monsters like HL2 not.

Guild Wars looks fine as well.

Having read reviews of games on the intel mini with the same chipset I would say its a step back as the Power PC mini with the ati card did a better job of running the universal version of Unreal 2004

For truth $750

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/con...c=E1505S2&s=dhs

Ok... it's a 1.66GHz Core Duo... but still... 750 versus 1100 ...

You can put a x1400, 1GB, MCE Remote, DVD-RW, Better Batery and it will cost only $67 higher............

There where a time where Macs was Macs...

Now it's a PC running a beter OS... that's all...

Actually, if you switch it to XP Pro and add the media and take out the rebate, you are at the same price. You get a bigger machine with the Dell, and you get no ilife type apps. When I added equivelent, I got about $250 more, thus when adding the rebate back in, you get a machine with about the same price. Either way, it is a wash. If you switch to the 14.1 inch screen, it come out to be more expensive when adding all of the features.

This was a deal from Tuesday: Dell Inspiron E1705 2GHz Core Duo, Geforce 7800, 1GB, 17" Laptop: $1143 so the Dell is around the same price (well, a couple more hardware bells and whistles)

Actually, if you switch it to XP Pro and add the media and take out the rebate, you are at the same price.

Why you want XP Pro?

*Ding* *Ding* XP Pro and MCE are the same...

At least... from what I have right here...

It even still writen "Professional" in the Setup

SHOW ME A $600 dell INTEL CORE DUO LAPTOP!!! :angry:

I got a dell Core Duo down to $738. So i am off by a bit. All the programs in ilife can be had for free in the windows world. like I said, i am loyal to my wallet. This Macbook is a huge overpriced disappointment to me. I expressed my opinion and the cult of mac people get all on you. Because its clearly better to believe that the GMA 950 is 'great'. Great! :rolleyes: Good Luck with that. :| After seeing how the 'Mac' faithful treat people who don't agree that something is great, i think i am just gonna go sell my ipods on ebay too and just be done with it all.

I got a dell Core Duo down to $738. So i am off by a bit. All the programs in ilife can be had for free in the windows world. like I said, i am loyal to my wallet. This Macbook is a huge overpriced disappointment to me. I expressed my opinion and the cult of mac people get all on you. Because its clearly better to believe that the GMA 950 is 'great'. Great! :rolleyes: Good Luck with that. :| After seeing how the 'Mac' faithful treat people who don't agree that something is great, i think i am just gonna go sell my ipods on ebay too and just be done with it all.

Take a chill pill.

I'm impressed with the specs from Apple, and the black is just damn sexy :yes:

Radish?

I think it boils down to this;

There are those that realize what they want to do when mobile, will buy the right tool for the job, and will be willing to overlook a few less-than-stellar features if the overall value of the purchase fits their needs.

There are those that probably wouldn't have bought a Macbook no matter what the specs were, or are better suited getting a Macbook Pro which would fit their needs better than a baseline consumer entry-level Apple portable. Those people are probably going to go on and on and on about what 24-hour coupon deal they can get from Dell that completely stomps this, and won't be happy until everyone agrees with them. Basically, just bored people looking for something to bitch about.

Personally, I'd pay a few hundred bucks more for the luxury of not having to run Windows and having all the hardware work exactly as advertised, which is a crapshoot for the majority of PC laptops and *nix.

Yeah, as usual everyone is making the classic computer dweeb mistake, thinking that the average user looks at specs. This will do fine for entry level users who are not into gaming and just want something simple that runs pretty well and is easy to use. Keep in mind that this non-fanboy contingent is probably 95% of the market.

The black one doesn't seem too impressive to me to be honest. If they had retain that silver band that surrounds the whole notebook from the iBook then we would have a winner :D . As for the glossy screen, I wonder if its a bonus or not, as some notebooks can be hard to read under sunlight with a glossy surface. Plus, you have to contend with fingerprints. There is also a fact that it uses an IGP instead of a dedicated GPU. If they had gone with the ATi Radeon X1400 or the Nvidia Geforce 7400, then I would be the first in line to get it :yes: .

As of now, I'll wait but for the price and the white scheme that sure is one sweet notebook. If you implement the comments I've made, then you've got one eager customer banging at your door :woot: .

PSG22

Integrated Intel GMA 950? $1100?! No Thanks! I thought i was going to buy one of these then they go and do this. $200 premium for 20GB and black? Are you kidding me? I'm off apple. I can buy a $600 dell and get this same setup. :huh:

You know who i am loyal too? My Wallet!

Actually, it's more like $909 when configured with the same processor and other options being comparable...

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/ ? s&fb=1

...and it still doesn't include the built-in webcam or iLife suite, and the memory isn't as fast as what the MacBook has, but the display is larger. You'll also need to take up processor and memory with virus and spyware protection on most if not all of the time.

Add in the fact that Apple consistently gets much higher scores on quality and problems as well as customer support if there is a problem (Consumer Reports) and I don't think that Dell is such a hot ticket.

now I have a choice.

To live and survive or to buy a Macbook.

Living is overrated. :shifty:

Living is overrated. :shifty:

:rofl:

PSG22

In all honesty I've never seen a device that uses Firewire, they're all USB. :p

Ehmmm... all the cam corders around the world ?!? :whistle:

I've never seen a camcorder transfer video with USB. Not to mention all the external drives out there... the better of them come with Firewire and USB2, and we all know that FW is way better that USB2 in substantial transfer rate.

I guess people should realize that's not a gaming machine. It's a laptop intended for students, and people who wants to manage pictures, video, and do all the iLife stuffs... things you can never have with a Windows machine.