Apple Macbook is Out

I will be getting one in due time

Is that a G5 iMac? -Good Luck!

I'm in the same boat. I wanna get the 17" MacBookPro but I'm stuck with a 15" Powerbook that won't reach even half what I paid due to it being PowerPC. Who want's to buy a 5.5x slower machine? Even the new MacBooks own my Powerbook which is only a few months old.

Guess I'll turn it into a desktop and run it in closed lid or something.

I got a dell Core Duo down to $738. So i am off by a bit. All the programs in ilife can be had for free in the windows world. like I said, i am loyal to my wallet. This Macbook is a huge overpriced disappointment to me. I expressed my opinion and the cult of mac people get all on you. Because its clearly better to believe that the GMA 950 is 'great'. Great! :rolleyes: Good Luck with that. :| After seeing how the 'Mac' faithful treat people who don't agree that something is great, i think i am just gonna go sell my ipods on ebay too and just be done with it all.

I agree with you, the GMA 950 is not great at all.

But, you dell is not an ultra light well designed laptop like macbook. I personally really care about design and how stuff looks like, and i'm ready to pay $300 extra to get that. And you cannot compare OS X with windows.

Sweet. With my edu discount the difference between the Black MB and the 15" MBP is only about $400. Hell I'm going for the Pro version for the graphics chip and the metallic exterior shell come xmas.

Is that a G5 iMac? -Good Luck!

I'm in the same boat. I wanna get the 17" MacBookPro but I'm stuck with a 15" Powerbook that won't reach even half what I paid due to it being PowerPC. Who want's to buy a 5.5x slower machine? Even the new MacBooks own my Powerbook which is only a few months old.

Guess I'll turn it into a desktop and run it in closed lid or something.

I will be keeping my iMac G5, will be saving up, i should be able to get it in november. an upgrade would of most likely of happened by then.

I got a dell Core Duo down to $738. So i am off by a bit. All the programs in ilife can be had for free in the windows world. like I said, i am loyal to my wallet. This Macbook is a huge overpriced disappointment to me. I expressed my opinion and the cult of mac people get all on you. Because its clearly better to believe that the GMA 950 is 'great'. Great! :rolleyes: Good Luck with that. :| After seeing how the 'Mac' faithful treat people who don't agree that something is great, i think i am just gonna go sell my ipods on ebay too and just be done with it all.

I can't find any good free replacements for iDVD and iTunes, but they may exist. Your Dell is lacking anti-virus and anti-spyware. Also, accoring to all of the sudies I can find, Macs tend to allow you to be ~10% more efficient (sometime more) than doing the same tasks on a PC, so factor in 10%. Now, take away the Dell rebate and re-price your Dell. Mine came in at ~$1100.

But if you still feel mistreated, please do sell your Mac stuff and come back when you can see things beyond the face value.

black ones a rip off

Did you ever think about the laws of supply and demand. What Apple is doing, IMO, is trying to limit demand for the black one until they can get their supplies to acceptable levels. The black material is more expensive (fact), but not $200 more. It is more difficult to get, though.

AppleInsider is rocking some pics of the black one...

Edited by betasp

Seriously? 1100$ US for what we can barely call "widescreen" 13.3inch 1280x800 display, using the same RAM eating Intel GMA950 with only 512Mb and 60Gig HDD. You realy need to upgrade the RAM and HDD to get something usefull. As is, that what I call "low end" laptop.

You could probably have a better deal with a DELL laptop. The only cool thing about the MacBook is OS X.

Sorry, but moving to Intel did not lower the cost of anything. Mabe better performance but that's it.

It realy need a dedicated video chip with RAM, like mabe ATI X300 with 128Mb RAM.

Edited by TruckWEB

It?s like the second coming of christ. seriously!

Oh, well.. bye, bye money..

MacBook (white), 13.3-inch, 1.83GHz Intel Core Duo

Skjul informasjon

512MB 667 DDR2 - 2x256MB SO-DIMMs

80GB Serial ATA drive

1.83GHz Intel Core Duo

Country Kit

Combo Drive

Keyboard & Mac OS

3 - 5 days

Don?t need a superdrive as I?ve just bought a LaCie burne:/ :/

The mini I?ve given to my sister. Now it looks like I can also give my iBook to the wife

Seriously? 1100$ US for what we can barely call "widescreen" 13.3inch 1280x800 display, using the same RAM eating Intel GMA950 with only 512Mb and 60Gig HDD. You realy need to upgrade the RAM and HDD to get something usefull. As is, that what I call "low end" laptop.

You could probably have a better deal with a DELL laptop. The only cool thing about the MacBook is OS X.

Sorry, but moving to Intel did not lower the cost of anything. Mabe better performance but that's it.

It realy need a dedicated video chip with RAM, like mabe ATI X300 with 128Mb RAM.

As mentioned earlier, a similarly equipped Dell would run just over $900 and would not include the built in webcam, the iLife suite, would have RAM with slower FSB and would require running antivirus and spyware programs that eat into your memory and processor speed for other things.

I read this on Engadget like 2 hours ago but Its defintly sweet. MMMM black.. Whats up with it costing more to get it in black?

As mentioned earlier, a similarly equipped Dell would run just over $900 and would not include the built in webcam, the iLife suite, would have RAM with slower FSB and would require running antivirus and spyware programs that eat into your memory and processor speed for other things.

If you're talking Windows, then yes but there are other operating systems like Linux that can do it for free without the need for antivirus and spyware programs. It certainly can be done a lot cheaper then a Macbook. Apple products are more at the level of Toshiba, IBM/Lenovo, etc. which cost just as much and have just about the same quality. In the end it's like comparing a Thinkpad with an Acer notebook (and it really pays off to buy the Thinkpad when it comes down to quality).

After pondering the upgrade today something occured to me. The $700 gap between the MacBook and the MacBookPro is too much. There is too big of a gap there. There needs to be something around ~$1600 with the 15.1" or 14"1 screen.

Not sure why people are shocked by the fact that it has a build in Intel GFX card, that was exactly what I was expecting its a iBook replacement after all...the only shocker is the fact that the CPU speed is much faster then I was expecting, and the disappointing fact that Apple added that glossy LCD, what the hell were they thinking.

oh come ON :p

they've just been wrong three times on this topic :rolleyes: i mean... they're not shooting in the dark :) they even said it was thursday the 18th... not tuesday the 16th :p

where is the stooooooore???? :p

They were wrong once, with their initial prediction being last Tuesday. Then they reported the delay and a new release date of the 16th (today).

More pics http://www.thinksecret.com/archives/macbookphotos/

I dunno...the black looks cool on the Apple webpage, but seeing it at the Apple store was a bit of a letdown. It honestly looks like a cheap wintel laptop that runs OS X and has a funky keyboard.

I have to agree with you that the black one doesn't really have the Mac look and feel.

Wouldn't mind seeing a Apple Pro keyboard with laptop-like keys btw!

Looks like i might of sold my iMac, i will be getting a Macbook Pro 2GHz Dual Core

The graphics card has won it over and the screen, i dont like the glossy look. I work in alot of natural light, and when the sun hits the screen, i can it annoying me.

Woo! Hopefully my college laptop for this fall.

I'm impressed. They didn't increase the price much from the older iBook G4s. Not only that, but there's finally gigabit ethernet!!