O'Brien, John (Chivas)

Olsen, Ben (D.C. United)

Reyna, Claudio (Manchester City)

Fowards

Ching, Brian (Houston Dynamo)

Johnson, Eddie (Kansas City Wizards)

McBride, Brian (Fulham FC)

Wolff, Josh (Kansas City Wizards)

2-0 Costa Rica in last qualify game! this team is much better than 2002 that just take the quarters. I hope they can impress and show the growth of Soccer in US.

We do have a decent team this year. I think soccer/football is starting to more popular here, which is good. Heh aren't we in the same group as the Czechs?

Sigh...

Come one now... we don't need 32 threads for every official squad list in the World Cup.

I set official in italic because they are not actually official.

The guessing came to an end on Monday with the deadline for coaches to confirm their squad lists for the 2006 FIFA World Cup™.

Some national coaches had already named their definitive 23-man lists prior to the deadline, while others, like England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson, confirmed the provisional squads they had announced previously. The official lists will be confirmed by FIFA on Thursday at 12.00CET.

And even the teams listed on Thursday can change (and some probably will).

What we really need is a Neowin's Official FIFA World Cup 2006 thread.

So Howard joined Everton on loan, I wasn't sure if the deal had gone through.

I would have taken Utd's young defender Jonathon Spector. He's been on a season-long loan at Charlton and has played quite a lot of Premiership games for them. If you wanted players playing at the highest level, then you should have taken him.

Take Adu too, the world wants to see what he's got.

what do you think, should freddy adu have been included?

Absolutley...and hed be playin in europe rite after the WC!!

Look, Engkand are bringing a 16 yr old player that has never played first team football for the Gunners....whats his name again...

Neowin's Official FIFA World Cup 2006 thread.

Please note this is the ?World Series? of FOOTBALL.

But not like yours. The difference non Americans? get to play, there is even teams of non Americans?.

Go Lo:D! :D

Gavin: So what its called a different name in other countries. The fact that the word Soccer of Football isnt prevalent in the title "Neowin's Official FIFA World Cup 2006" makes your post even more pointless. No point in igniting an old flame for such a dumb issue. Get over it.

The dates for the matches:

12-Jun-06 Hanover ITA:GHA

12-Jun-06 Gelsenkirchen USA:CZE

17-Jun-06 Kaiserslautern ITA:USA

17-Jun-06 Cologne CZE:GHA

22-Jun-06 Hamburg CZE:ITA

22-Jun-06 Nuremberg GHA:USA

Italy - ITA

Ghana - GHA

USA - USA

Czech Republic - CZE

Hey, leave gavin alone :)

We're jus mad we didnt get there AGAIN!

Americans dont care too much for football (soccer) but they always get to go :no:

I love football. We should be there.

But I'll be cheering on the good US of A all the same!

The fact that the word Soccer of Football isnt prevalent in the title "Neowin's Official FIFA World Cup 2006"

I stated ?World Series? as refering to Baseball, Basketball and American Foolball. Those American Sports. That was a jo;). ;)

So I think I did have a point. Do you want me to cry you a river, build a bridge and then get over :D. :D

i see... might hvae taken it a bit out of context, but world series only applies to baseball.

And believe it or not, World Cup is pretty big in the USA. Soccer is the most played organized sport in the US and even Canada. The US has a lot of south americans and Europeans so the World Cup isn't another wacky euro sport on TV. In Canada soccer is even bigger... this is my home town of Montreal, Quebec after Greece won the Euro Cup in '04. Almost every bar in Montreal will be televising WC matches.

Don't feel so bitter, Canada never makes the WC but we watch it with a passion

anyways, this is Montreal after greece won

DSCF0423.jpg

eurocup.jpg

Wow I can only imagine some Italian and Irland quarters in NY.. I remeber a LOT of descedents taking NY streets in USA'94

BTW Canada had a great team in 80's and if my memory no fails they pwnz Brazil in 87

Why not have add a 'soccer' photogallery.

Those who have been lucky to see a football match can post pics or after show pics like bayrider.

Absolutley...and hed be playin in europe rite after the WC!!

Look, Engkand are bringing a 16 yr old player that has never played first team football for the Gunners....whats his name again...

Theo Walcott, and i think he's 17 now. But yeah, good point.

I saw a clip on the internet of Walcott, he looked awesome. But it was Division1 football, not the Premiership