Neowin's Official World Cup 2006 Thread

Iran beat Japan, it would be funny if they end up playing the US :laugh:

But England will win it just like '66.

oh yea... :sleep:

another "wembley goal"...

GO GERMANY!!!

oh thats awsum... germany having good chances to win and the final match being on my birthday :D YAAAY

-fm

I normally think England will do well, get up to semi/quater finals before getting kicked out, for for the past few world cups we havent really done so well. But i think we can get to the finals in the very least this time.

We havent had a team this strong for ages, Rooney will be back striaght after the group stages, which we should walk through, and i cant wait to see what Theo Walcott brings to the game if/when he plays

The only strong contenders i see are, Italy and brazil, but the problem with italy is that they they are relying on one player which wont work, so who knows

oh yea... :sleep:

another "wembley goal"...

GO GERMANY!!!

oh thats awsum... germany having good chances to win and the final match being on my birthday :D YAAAY

-fm

...just to be a stirrer...

score1-5.jpg

:p

1-0 down,

5-1 up,

two world wars, and one world cup,

with a knick-nack paddy-wack,

give a dog a bone,

all you germans **** off home!

GO ENGLAND! :D

Poster_10921.jpg

1-0 down,

5-1 up,

give a dog a bone,

ROFL :laugh:

5-1 up,

give a dog a bone,

GO ENGLAND! :D

you wish mate :D Deautchland will win like they did in 90 :yes: . They have to!!!!!!

Ok, I cannot wait any longer. Its almost 9pm here, so I will take 6 Tylenol PM's and hopefully sleep until 11am tomorrow :p

Spain will win and Iran will be the biggest surprise !

If Israel had qualified would Iran have turned up?

I will naturally be gunning for England.

I think Ivory Coast could get to the 1/4 finals.

Golden boot, well you need to look at a good team playing a poor team for plenty of goals

and if one particular player score 4 in a 7-0 drubbing, then they may get a couple more on the way to the 1/4 finals.

The ones listed I doubt will feature, however, I will say Peter Crouch has a good chance of being #1.

Only 4 hours untill the first match begins, can't wait!! :D I was listening to the radio this morining and the first song i heard when i woke up was 3 lions on a shirt, so im really pumped up for this now. :yes:

Come on England!

GAME 1:

Germany vs Costa Rica

who will win?

2-1 to germany

:wacko: :no: :no: :no:

2-1 Costa Rica

And thats not because Im from Costa Rica. :whistle:

As an American, I have no clue about Football (soccer to us Yanks) but i am going to try to support our Team (and our English Cousins-Nevada Smiths in NYC!!!) this year and have a question. I am clueless about the offsides rule in Football. The Fifa site doesn't have a rulebook or i am just not finding it, can someone point me to it? I am figuring that the rest of the world can't be wrong about a sport.

:wacko: :no: :no: :no:

2-1 Costa Rica

And thats not because Im from Costa Rica. :whistle:

Germany will beat them about 9-0.

Right... :whistle:

Costa Riccans lost to a pub team 3-2 the other day.

It's Germany, Germany playing a team that got drunk under the table, so hence the score.

This aint Argentina v's Cameroon of 1990.

As an American, I have no clue about Football (soccer to us Yanks) but i am going to try to support our Team (and our English Cousins-Nevada Smiths in NYC!!!) this year and have a question. I am clueless about the offsides rule in Football. The Fifa site doesn't have a rulebook or i am just not finding it, can someone point me to it? I am figuring that the rest of the world can't be wrong about a sport.

here is some explanation.

offside rules

Go BR !!!

here is some explanation.

offside rules

Go BR !!!

I doubt even the linesmen (assistant referees) and the ref know the off-side rules.

Is he passive, was he active, did he think about passing the ball or not. Some of the lame excuses they come out with.

The Worst I have seen is a linesman giving someone off-side from a throwin. :no:

Lovely, a month of footie goodness starts here.

Thankfully its in a proper timezone for those of us in Europe this year too, 2002 was just...blah.