Neowin's Official World Cup 2006 Thread

Not long until the England game now ;) ! Let's hope Crouch get's to do his dance...

Haha, yeh me too but he said on MOTD yesterday he probably wouldn't but if he scores I could see him doing the old robot myself.

Unfortunately, starting "strong" doesn't make a difference if you cannot score. What did Poland do? They did nothing except have ball control. When they got to the last 1/3 of the field, they did as good of a job as Germany did on defense.

You're right, they didn't do much. I'm just trying to find some sort of hope after what I saw yesterday. :no:

Germany can be had though.

expecting better performance from both teams. Paraguay needs to work on their attack, England was not world champion material with that performance. Nice to watch nonetheless. :)

What the hell was the Referee on!! So biased!

I know. I shouted at the tv about 10times!! :o

Crap referee :rofl:

Good game none the less.

England played well in 1st half but 2nd half they let their guard down but later pulled it together in the last minute. :whistle:

Awful match...

Lets hope Rooney will join them very soon to improve the gameplay.

Anyway, they got 3 points...

And Paraguay did worst than England.

Im still waiting to see good matches. Till now im disappointed.

Im still waiting to see good matches. Till now im disappointed.

The Germany match was great! We have only had 3 matches so far, and right now I am about to watch the legend of Zlatan :yes:

Then I can watch Tevez, Mascherano and Riquelme against Drogba after :p

I do love the World Cup!

First half was good - lots of chances. Second half.. not quite sure what Sven was thinking by taking off Owen and leaving Crouch up there all on his own. As was said on the BBC punditry after the game, can only assume it was his Italian football past coming through - take the lead, defend like hell!

Hoping for a bit more excitement in the next game please!!

But well done England :D :D :D :D

I think it was a pretty poor performance by England in the last half. I don't know why we constantly sit back in the second half of games if we are winning.

You get goals by pushing forward (which you always need with just a 1 goal advantage) and it is so easy for the opposition if you just sit back and invite them to take shots and then don't even bother moving up the pitch once you have posession. It's so obvious and happens time after time but nothing gets done about it.

End of the game...what a great surprise this Trinidade & Tobago.

Another poor quality match.

But fortunately the effort T&B put in the game was worth watching it.

^ Your about 4 years too late with that picture :p

Anyways, what a great game between Sweden and Trinidad & Tobago, 0-0, what great committment, England certainly have their work cut for thursday game!

The Germany match was great! We have only had 3 matches so far, and right now I am about to watch the legend of Zlatan :yes:

Then I can watch Tevez, Mascherano and Riquelme against Drogba after :p

I do love the World Cup!

Martyn, yes there was 6 goals but the tecnical level was low imo.

Lets hope Argentina x Ivoire Coast will reaise the level.

Me too, go World Cup !!!

:-D

lol, good job by trinidad & tobago. Sweden looked really strong early on, but couldnt do anything againts 10 man t&t. Man of the match should have gone to the keeper Hislop, not yorke

Hislop from T&B was outstanding. To find out in warm-ups that you are starting in goal in the World Cup and to perform like that is awesome.

They mentioned it during the match but it felt like a March Madness game, a #1 vs #16. I'll be going for T&B along with the US!