Xbox 360 Controller USB Drivers for Mac OSX

Introduction

I have created a USB driver which allows you to use the XBox 360 [Wired] Controller on an OSX machine, including support for the Apple Force Feedback library. The driver is licenced under the GPL.

Update

It appears that Microsoft have now announced the USB dongle to allow the wireless controller to work with a PC. As soon as I can get my hands on one of these I will attempt to figure out how it works and update this driver to support it.

Force feedback-enabled games

Games I've currently tested for force feedback support (only games that support basic rumble will probably function currently, as I've only implemented triangle, square and sine wave-type effects. I also lack any other force feedback device for comparison :) ):

* Jammin Racer - seems to work fine

Still needing implemented

* I don't think settings are persistent

* More settings, e.g. trigger deadzone, button remap

* Force feedback may elongate effects

* Force feedback (DirectInput-style interface) emulator may need more work

* Preference pane currently only tests rumble motors, by creating a force feedback interface but then just using the Escape functionality

* Driver needs to handle more possible errors.

Possible future additions

* Ability to alter HID descriptor, both to remap buttons and change device type (e.g. make it function as a keyboard)

* Support all 360 controller devices without adding to the plist file - I attempted to make it match by interface but it wasn't picked up by the kernel when I tried

Website

Saw this when I was looking for Connect360, not long after I got my console.

I would use it if I had more games that would be good with a controller.

Still don't see why mac users need a game controller.

Contrary to popular belief, there are games for the Mac.