Barry Bonds hits 714th career home run

no celebration here either. no way he's passing aaron. he can barely run right now. here's to a pulled hammy.

i dont know about anybody else here but i'm rooting for bonds to break hank's record. who cares about the steroid issue.

That's rather ignorant. What's the point of even having records if you aren't going to keep the manner in which they can be attained fair for all? By that I mean 'clean', Im definitely not saying everyone should be allowed to dope up just so they can get their name in the Hall of Fame. What you are suggesting is that it would be perfectly ok for someone to win a record number of NASCAR races with a Veryon engine in their car while everyone else is using engines that meets NASCAR specifications.

All of you guys hate him, but at the end, everyone appreciates him and his career and what he has done for the game of baseball. Today, he was boo'd at the start of the game by the A's fans to end up getting a standing ovation after his 714th HR. This has been seen around almost all ballparks. He gets boo'd but he ends up being cheered and the fans end up boo'ing their own team for walking him. This just shows the support and respect people have for him for what he has accomplished, even though he isn't necessarily a clean swab.

Thats because people are fickle and stupid, not because he is doing anything great for the game. All he is doing is cheapening the game and taking enjoyment out of it for true fans of the game.

A lot of people, including me. Bonds has no chance really, anyway.

:unsure:

No chance? He's only 41 home runs away from Hank Aaron's record. He's on pace for 26 HR's this year. That would leave him with 734 career HR's. If he played another season he'd be a shoe in to break the record baring sustained injuries or retirement.

Anyway, Bonds, Sosa, McGwire... those guys were all juiced when they broke the single season record. Bonds will break the career record but there's going to be an asterik beside that record for a long time to come.

Too bad Griffey Jr. is so injury prone otherwise he'd most likely have a good shot at Aaron's record.

Everyone saying he takes staroids. I dont think he does, he is hitting just as many home runs as he was before. And they know he isnt taking them now, so that just shows you.

blah..

Babe Ruth hit 714 homeruns in 22 seasons consisting of 2503 games with 8398 at bats.

Barry Bonds hit 714 homeruns in 20 seasons consisting of 2730 games with 9140 at bats.

Hank Aaron hit 755 home runs in 23 seasons consisting of 3298 games with 12364.

I mean for Christ's sake, Ruth hit most of his homeruns in the OLD Yankee Stadium

YANKEE STADIUM DIMENSIONS

Left field: 395 ft. (1923-27), 402 ft. (1928-73)

Left-center field: 460 ft. (1923-36), 457 ft. (1937-73)

Center field: 490 ft. (1923-36), 461 ft. (1937-66), 463 ft. (1967-73)

Right-center field: 429 ft. (1923-36), 407 ft. (1937-73)

Right field: 370 ft. (1923-36), 344 ft. (1937-73)

Right-field foul pole:</B> 295. ft (1923-38), 296 (1939-73)

Tell me any player that hit all their homeruns in those dimension ball parks. No current player will ever match up to Ruth, Mantle, Maris, Williams, etc. Ever. None can ever compare to them. Bonds would have half his homeruns if he played when the other true hitters played.

The next player to break Aaron's record... is A-Rod. He'd do it sooner too if he stayed a Ranger.

Everyone saying he takes staroids. I dont think he does, he is hitting just as many home runs as he was before. And they know he isnt taking them now, so that just shows you.

He's on pace to hit 26 this year. Come back when you realize that's not "just as many home runs as he was before". Before was 73, 46, 45, 45...and the 40's were due to him walking around 200 times a year. They know he's not juiced this year, so they aren't walking him as much.

The guy is a walking posterchild for Raisin Nuts.

They know he's not juiced this year, so they aren't walking him as much.

Actually, you are mistaken. Bonds has walked 43 times in 37 games this year, which means he is projected to finish with 213 walks, second highest in his career.

:unsure:

No chance? He's only 41 home runs away from Hank Aaron's record. He's on pace for 26 HR's this year. That would leave him with 734 career HR's. If he played another season he'd be a shoe in to break the record baring sustained injuries or retirement.

Anyway, Bonds, Sosa, McGwire... those guys were all juiced when they broke the single season record. Bonds will break the career record but there's going to be an asterik beside that record for a long time to come.

Too bad Griffey Jr. is so injury prone otherwise he'd most likely have a good shot at Aaron's record.

Griffey IMO doesnt have a chance, but puljos on the other hand what a beast