Download 2007 Microsoft Office System Beta 2

Damn I might need to download FlashGet again. Just curious, what kind of connect do you have?

I don't even know for sure. I just have cable internet through Midcontinent. It's always fast, but usually not that fast. Microsoft is to thank for that. When downloading the previous Office 2007 betas from the beta program, the servers were dirt slow.

295kb for me - right from IE 7 B2

Maybe I've been living in a closet, under a rock, on Mars for the past few months....... I had no idea they were planning on releasing it so early! All I heard people talking about was Vista -- to me, Office 2007 seemed like something in the distant future! :unsure:

Many of us have been beta testing Office for quite a while now. I believe (but could be wrong), Microsoft took the head project manager off of Office to work on Vista since Office was on or ahead of schedule and Vista was falling into the toilet. They have done a great job with it. I have really enjoyed using the new Office. I have had no complaints other than a few crashes but that's expected with betas.

Maybe I've been living in a closet, under a rock, on Mars for the past few months....... I had no idea they were planning on releasing it so early! All I heard people talking about was Vista -- to me, Office 2007 seemed like something in the distant future! :unsure:

When is Office 2007 to be released? Someone said the beta expires in February '07, do you expect that time to overlap the final release?

When is Office 2007 to be released? Someone said the beta expires in February '07, do you expect that time to overlap the final release?

I'm guessing that it will be released along with the retail versions of Vista. It might overlap a little but I doubt very much if it does.

prety slow i get 36 kb/s its a 2 mb connection

Ouch I would call and gripe. Mine is only a 3mb connection.

I'm trying FlashGet but Getright downloads quicker for me. Only 254k at the moment.

nice heads up ..

and also just received an e-mail alert from scarbone msdn blog about the available do

and went straight to the office 2007 preview site

..downloading the file using SmartSource for Microsoft download client

which support pause/resume download.. cool :cool:

Thanks will give it a go does it work on low end systems?

I have office 2003 installed at the mo but i have a Pen3, 800MHz, 320MB of memory... :p

these was stated on the Office preview site ..

500 megahertz (MHz) processor or higher;

256 megabyte (MB) RAM or higher;

1 gigahertz (GHz) and 512 MB of RAM or higher is required to run Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager .. pheww!! :wacko:

what about official beta testers? what do we get?

gues i'll have to download this beta to stay up to date?

if I'm not mistaken, MS will only host the Office 2007 Beta 2 on server(s)

which accessible to public

Edited by kupang

Will it be OK to download...........keep the install files on your hard disk and install later say if you have to wipe your PC clean or something? Think I might have to do a clean out next few days.

I'm still over 290 ... (been 'barely' jumping between 290 and 305kbs)

4 min left for download then install *big grin*

90 seconds!!!

Edited by Allan

Installing now..... Had an error rebooted and its installing...... You HAVE to remove Outlook 2003 but thats fine I'm not using outlook on that pc so all looks good!

Update:Got a new machine 3.4Ghz 2Gig of ram and its very slow to install.... ummmm....

Edited by u2_storm

what about the official beta testers?
Download from this site, as the Beta site isn't updated yet.

Will official beta testers get something more... official?

No. Your "specialness" is now over. It's time to come to terms with that.

Anyone have 4.95 that I can borrow? Paypal me @ paypal[@]gfxedDOTcom, please

I'm downloading it right now but it will probably take me about 2 hours to finish as I'm averaging 50 KBps.

PSG22

using the thing ms provides i get errors but downloading from the link im getting 589 out of the 6mb that i get