Windows Vista Beta 2 Available to Public

Can't get mine until midnight when my speed restrictions are off and I'm allowed unlimited bandwidth again.... until 4pm tomorrow :)

Hope they've fixed the IRQL_NOT_LESS...crash with nForce boards. (driver was nvmcp.sys - or something). I couldn't use the last one because of this.

Marky

Yay! It is finally on MSDN! So happy now!

One question though, why would Microsoft release SO many products for download today and hammer their servers like that!? I wish they would use a BitTorrent file to ease their load and make it go faster for us.

Hmmff...not in connect for me. Must not have qualified for it. :(

Oh well...

have you been able to download the other builds? You have to go to the downloads section and to the very bottom of the list.

I just need to upgrade my ram, and I'll be ready. Hopefully, I'll convince Aero to work with my video card.

have you been able to download the other builds? You have to go to the downloads section and to the very bottom of the list.

No other builds either. I can get the other software that they are rolling out, but it is limited with only Windows in Italian and I don't speak that. :) Lots of other SQL stuff and misc items but nothing interesting for me right now.

Not that big of a deal for me anyway. I just was hoping to get in a little sooner than the entire public roll out later this year. :)

im guessing its only on connect for beta testers as its not on mine and im not an official tester

What is the approximate base-installation size for all of these "Vista" builds?

It says it recommends a 15GB HD...is the install 15GB?

If I had to GUESS anything, just based on the fact that XP was 700MB and Vista is 3.6GB, or about 5 times the size of the XP cd, I would have to guess the Vista install is close to 15GB since XP installs around 3GB or so.

Windows Vista Beta 2 is now available for IT professionals and developers with MSDN and TechNet subscriptions. In the coming weeks, Microsoft will start the Windows Vista Customer Preview Program (CPP) for developers and IT professionals who are not members of the subscription services.

The Windows Vista CPP will also be available to technology enthusiasts that want to install and test a copy of Windows Vista Beta 2. You can get a head start on your Windows Vista CPP preparation by visiting the Get Ready section of this site and downloading the Windows Vista Product Guide (60 MB Word doc).

where does it say it will be public huh? i cant see ? CPP isnt public... ?

Beta 2 is available on Connect. I'm downloading it now. ;)

No it is not, far as I know it's only on Connect for official testers..it is not available to the general public yet, MS have clearly stated the CPP (public Beta) will be released at a later date :(

I can't wait to try out Vista, I've been waiting ages to have a go at it (been resisting the urge to download a leaked build :p and waited for the official beta) well hopefully I can in the coming weeks :happy:

CPP is people from CTP testers, TAP, TechNet Beta Central etc not general public to my knlowedge. its everyone but technical beta testers. it wont be released like office 2007 was today i doubt or think they would.