Windows Vista Beta 2 Available to Public

^^ Nah, you've got the "CPP" definition wrong. It hasn't yet even come into effect; but its coming. :p

There has been a Microsoft statement about a "public" release of Beta 2, and it will be in the form of a CPP - A preview program for general customers. (www.microsoft.com/windowsvista)

Windows Vista Beta 2 is now available for IT professionals and developers with MSDN and TechNet subscriptions. In the coming weeks, Microsoft will start the Windows Vista Customer Preview Program (CPP) for developers and IT professionals who are not members of the subscription services.

Bingo.

Members of the TAP, the Vista CTP program, TechNet Beta Central, MSDN, the Technical Beta, the Windows Vista Influentials program - pretty much whatever Windows Vista related program that's been in effect prior to Beta 2's release, are not part of the CPP. That's simply fact.

I got in the Office 2007 Beta 2 after registering yesterday with The MS Beta Experience program read from this thread from the Windows Beta sub-forum

I got the e-mail for Office 2007 this morning stating that the Vista beta 2 was not ready yet and that I'll get an updated e-mail once it's done.

I guess we'll get Vista in the next days or few weeks (which is good because I have partioned my HD yet :D )

it mean subscription services technet subscribers and MSDN subscribers. not people who are CTP testers TAP testers and beta previewers. so i still stand saying the CPP is people who have signed up for it. IT enthusiast and professionals website is technet for microsoft thats what techNet beta central is for thats why it says "developers and IT pros who are not subscribers" thats why i was listed to sign up for "Windows Vista beta 2 Sign up here" on technets home page 3 weeks before WinHEC.

Edited by Digix

This can hardly be called a "Public Beta", I mean, its been available to MSDN customers from the start...I even think TechNet users had some level of access to it....

This topic should be renamed. :crazy: :)

Everytime it is updated i roll here, thinking that "Windows Vista Beta 2 Available to Public", than realize it is this topic again. :)

it mean subscription services technet subscribers and MSDN subscribers. not people who are CTP testers TAP testers and beta previewers. so i still stand saying the CPP is people who have signed up for it. IT enthusiast and professionals website is technet for microsoft thats what techNet beta central is for thats why it says "developers and IT pros who are not subscribers" thats why i was listed to sign up for "Windows Vista beta 2 Sign up here" on technets home page 3 weeks before WinHEC.

TAP members recieved it. There are no "Beta Previewers", but there are Technical Beta testers, and we also recieved it. I can confirm both of those, but that would require me to post content from the newsgroups, which I obviosly won't/can't do. Don't take everything at face value just because that's what you can see; there is a lot more behind the scenes that's going on.