Proper RAM Configuration

Yeh lisa sometimes the strangest hardware setups just happen.

Dont worry i have seen stranger :D

But maybe try "Bios Wizard" if thats not what u alrdy just used.

linkedge

*update ... Fixed the link *

Originally posted by jalliz

you have to youse a win98 start up disk. so you start up in dos and run the bios update prog from there. If you format a floppy in xp and mark the Create an MS-DOS startup disk. After you have rebooted and started up in Dos. Then you run the bios update prog.

LOL i didint know u could make a dos disk with XP... :D learn something every day haha.

what files should i put on the boot disk other than the boot files to boot up...what i mean is, i know i have to put the bios flash program, but what else should i put on it?????

going to try to flash my BIOS...if im not back...we'll guess i won't have thiss problem no more cause i have to get a new mobo..want to than all everyone know is late and hope i can get this resloved

Originally posted by lisagauss

going to try to flash my BIOS...if im not back...we'll guess i won't have thiss problem no more cause i have to get a new mobo..want to than all everyone know is late and hope i can get this resloved

Good Luck ! :D

negative....

booted from win 98 bootdisk...ssaved flash program and ROM file provided by pc chips to disk....after boot disk booted, typed in amibios.exe , it looked like it was loading fine at first but then obtained an error....>file does not exist

man this sux soo much!!!!!

dont take this the wrong way; however,

I have 4 answers for you...

1. your Ram is evil

2. Your Motherboard is a piece of crap.

3. You have no idea what your doing.

4. 2 of the 3

Thexxend...

1. your Ram is evil

2. Your Motherboard is a piece of crap.

3. You have no idea what your doing.

4. 2 of the 3

1. donn't think its the ram cause its the third stick i try

2. my mobo is a piece of crap.

3. i have a pretty good idea what im doing, i have built pc from scratch, i just know that there are alot of other people that know more and that may have come upon this error.

4. its probably #2

haven't taken it the wrong way!!!

If the case is that your mobo is crap... than there is certain things you can do. Flashing your bios is one. However its a 500 to 1 shot. Mobos are manufactured for a certain type of ram. Altering the bios "might" cure the problem; chances are it wont. I suggest you acquire ram that has the same specs as your current ram.

Thexxend...

yeah...i give up...ill just change the stupid stick for a 256 DDR, hope crucial does that....anyway....funny thing is that this happens when im downling a really big file from kazaa lite 2.0...it just happened right now, more than half way into downloading 500MB file and the darn pc just restarted,,.....forgot to uncheck restart optind in system properties....

cane you give me a list over the bios flash files. For me to update bios I have to write this parameters %1 /py /sn /cd /cp /cc and som other ones too load the *.bin fils. Are you sure that you have to write some too