Where to Watch World Cup online

Hi guys, i was wondering if there is a free web site where i can watch the world cup live, my cable has a sports channel but all they show is hockey, they wont show the World Cup... (yes im in Canada).

Thanks

heh does us tv suck that much that it doesnt have any free channels showing the wc? :/

No, a few US channels will transmit all the games live. From the top of my head, there's ESPN, ESPN2, and ABC, followed by a few channels geared to the Hispanic community, such as Univision.

No, a few US channels will transmit all the games live. From the top of my head, there's ESPN, ESPN2, and ABC, followed by a few channels geared to the Hispanic community, such as Univision.

Well, i know its hard to believe, but none of the channels i have will be transmitting the WC, i have to order the special sports package (cable sucks big time here)... :pinch:

ouch :/

Ours is free to air! - well it would be if it wasnt for the stupid bbc and their tv licence!

Its been shared between ITV and BBC!

How much is the sports package? I know I paid $259 to order the Euro 2004 package.

JESUS, thats a lot, the sports package here is like $20/month

We don't pay a monthly fee. I will watch all the World Cup games live on over the air channels, but for the Euro 2004, I had to pay to watch all the games since the Euro isn't a big thing here.

P.S. I meant $159, not $259 :blush:

I'm surprised that barely anyone in the USA covers the World Cup. Especially considering that they did pretty well the last time! We did have news reports here in the UK headlined along the lines of...

"USA are doing really well in the World Cup, but does anyone in the USA know about it, or actually even care!"

If World Cup matches weren't shown live on free-to-view TV here in the UK there would be mass public outrage! :laugh:

BBC did show the Commonwealth Games live on bbc.co.uk but I think licensing issues are gonna be a little more stringent for Football.

BBC will be airing every match online, they will also be providing a five minute highlight video clip of every single game!

yeah but can the us access it?

BBC will be airing every match online, they will also be providing a five minute highlight video clip of every single game!

I'm pretty sure thats just for the uk though.

Yes there is.

http://planet.nana.co.il/livefooty/index.html

u will need to install certain software and it works only in IE for me.

Seems like someone is streaming it from their cable/sat provider, because I clicked to watch ENG V JAM when it wasn't showing.. and I got some weird oriental baseball show.. and it took forever to buffer, would only allow me to watch about 20 seconds before the buffer was empty and playback paused.

Get 10 people trying to watch a match on this and it's going to be a better experiance trying to listen to a radio station online when the WC Matches are being played. (like BBC 5 Live through a UK Proxy...)

Not every match. Only the matches that the BBC will be airing on TV.

From the BBC Website:

All of the BBC's 2006 World Cup matches will also be broadcast exclusively live on the BBC Sport website.

Those matches broadcast by ITV will not be broadcast online.

Zoom7000

hehe! bbc and itv host it to UK for free as you know, but thats because there would be outrage if they didnt, next world cup you should all go and riot :p

go england!!

if only i was home i could watch it for free, but i've got work to do in europe! :(

And dont have access to a tv...

worst bit is we get a tv in august!!!! argh

hehe! bbc and itv host it to UK for free as you know, but thats because there would be outrage if they didnt, next world cup you should all go and riot :p

well the BBC is not free......tv licence lol

Hi guys, i was wondering if there is a free web site where i can watch the world cup live, my cable has a sports channel but all they show is hockey, they wont show the World Cup... (yes im in Canada).

Thanks

Why do you choose to slander Canada with lies, Sure, hockey is The # 1 sport here, but every World Cup match will be broadcast on Television on our basic cable sports :angry: network, it will be available everywhere. I just finished watching the England match on free tv in Toronto, (omni channel 69). c'mon get with it. In this part of the country, the World Cup is huge, much bigger than the Stanley cup finals...yawn!!! edmonton vs Carolina. And I am a huge hockey fan.