Booly: Now it's getting messy.

Question

Hello all, and especially "booly",

The real owner of oolybooly just contacted me.

We will discuss legal consequences today, because "booly" sold my logo to that company without my permission.

Bit of advice for booly: Contact me NOW via PM, MSN, ICQ or smoke signals. Your choice. If you do not contact me as soon as you read this, I will discuss legal consequences with my lawyers first thing tomorrow morning. And let me tell you this: This will not stand. I just won a lawsuit in the exact same situation, and you don't want to go there. It is a bloody shame, booly.

To all the others, and especially my fellow designers: Do NOT enter anymore competitions if you have the slightest doubt about the requester.

I'll give you an update later on.

cybadelic

To all my fellow designers who entered his competition:

Click here.

He took every single logo of every single designer on Neowin and posted the in the "real" thread

on sitepoint.com.

RAGE.

That is depressing. cyba you do real nice work - along with others on here... pox wutwut etc... i don't need to name all you guys, but this is just down right lame. I hope this guy gets sodomized.

Should the active designers here get together and draft a common license agreement to cover our collective asses should this occur in the future?

Just a stickied list of licenses (Resellable/Nonresellable/Free for modification and redistribution/etc) that we could copy and paste when transferring a design?

That's quite some nerve... go get him.

Should the active designers here get together and draft a common license agreement to cover our collective asses should this occur in the future?

Just a stickied list of licenses (Resellable/Nonresellable/Free for modification and redistribution/etc) that we could copy and paste when transferring a design?

sounds like a good idea.

Yes, I am working on the translation of my own terms & conditions, I will keep you posted.

What's funny is he posts comments like...

I'm a machine?

What can I say, I have a passion for designing and love making my own money with my own hard work.

Good luck at getting this guy, you've probably already done this, but did you contact the person who bought the logo from him (3budas) and try to get any information about him you could?

EDIT: I think I'm going blind, I missed the bit at the top where you said "The real owner of oolybooly just contacted me."

Edited by James123

I'm a user at Sitepoint and noticed this happening today. I can safely say I'm disgusted and outraged, yet not very surprised. Delivered lots of designs, all different from each other. Hmm..

I hope he/she faces the consequences. :angry:

Can someone clear something up?

This guy, booley, is the same person who is posting other peoples work on a forum thread, which is about asking for someone to make a logo for oolybooly?? Phew

If thats all correct, then why would he ask for a logo to be made for HIS site and then enter the competition HIMSELF? Please sort this out, im having a mental breakdown.

This guy, booley, is the same person who is posting other peoples work on a forum thread, which is about asking for someone to make a logo for oolybooly?? Phew

If thats all correct, then why would he ask for a logo to be made for HIS site and then enter the competition HIMSELF? Please sort this out, im having a mental breakdown.

3budas from sitepoint is the owner of oolybooly he asked for the logos to be made and offered $150.

scr33n_raider from sitepoint (the guy who copied/ripped the work) then signed up on here with the name "booly" (I assume so nobody suspected the site wasn't his) and posted everyone's submissions on the sitepoint forum.

So scr33n_raider/booly is nothing to do with the actual ooleybooly website that's owned by 3budas...

...I think that's right anyway :p

According to what I read, he was banned from Neowin. He made a nickname "booly," and begun a competition here for $65 dollars. Whatever got posted on the NeoWin's thread, he re-posted it on SitePointForums as if it was his own. He ended up winning the competition. I put a link of the thread here at NeoWin.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...462198&hl=booly

Suddenly is all becomes clear. Thanks for that.

I suppose there was bound to be someone like this. I mean the entries for the competitions here are excellent and could easily sell elsewhere for higher. It just needed someone to realise. Hopefully this booley will make us fix the holes that are letting him do it. Like a legal agreement ive been reading about.

Also have neowin admin disclose his IP address to you, go to dnsstuff.com find out his ISP. Then contact his service provider with all the information, there is a good chance they will reveal his identity since this is copyright infringement and the worst kind he made money off your design. They could at least put you in direct contact with him, but I?m pretty sure most ISP's would disclose his info because he used their service to commit this crime.

They might give it out to law enforcements but I dont imagine them giving it out to the average joe. Anyone can phone up with an ip address of someone they dont like, claim theres a legal issue and get a full address. I dont think so. But I might be wrong. Heaven forbid

It?s very simple you contact them and you explain everything in very good detail, do it by phone if possible.

Tell them that someone using this IP address has sold off someone else?s work, tell them to look into this and show the forum records. All the ISP has to do it check their logs and they will see that this person has accessed the sites at the specific times, they keep all these logs usually for a long time. Tell them it?s copyright infringement and you want to bring a lawsuit on the person.

Since it?s a personal dispute, you can pressure them to disclose the person?s contact information. It?s not a sure thing certain ISP will not do this but they will contact the person and tell them what?s going on they might even drop them from their service.

Anyways best of luck.

Before you do this see if the guy who bought the logo can do a chargeback this would be the easiest and fastest solution.