Post your workstations

haha np it's awesome to play.

@joeskow: yeah that Buffalo played the 'Canes tough, too. two great teams and we get to face our former captain.

Right now I'm using the Plasma mATX case by Ahanix. My next will be NZXT LEXA but that's not until Conroe (July). :yes:

i'm trying to setup advMAME/advMENU to use my 2405FPW full screen but my games are still in tiny window mode... grr. anyone know how?

My old Nikon digicam seems to be biting it, can't get a clear shot to save my life, but this is the current set up...

dualhotness2.jpg

XPS 400 in sig

XPS M140 = Pentium M 1.83ghz, 2x512MB DDR2, 80GB HDD, NEC DVD R/W, Intel GMA 900 and HDAudio, Win XP Pro SP2, Fedora Core 5 (everything works beautifully, wireless, sound bluetooth and video) and when I have some time this week the new Ubuntu release is going on as well.

Wow you Setup is really nice there. I really like the table you got there. Ikea? What size LCD is that?

Thanks, the main desk/table is from Ikea, had it for a couple years (Galahad collection I think). The stand that the XPS 400 is on came from Office Max, some little book shelf/credenza type thing, but works well as my main goal was to keep my PC up off the carpet without eating up desktop space. The LCD is the newish 2007FPW from Dell, 20" widescreen. It suffers from the "banding" issue you can read about all over the place, but not so bad it isn't usable until they ship my replacement next week.

i'm trying to setup advMAME/advMENU to use my 2405FPW full screen but my games are still in tiny window mode... grr. anyone know how?

excuse the obvious question, but are you certain you have the lcd set to "Fill" or "Aspect" in the on-screen menu under Video settings?

bob_c_b, do you mind telling me where you got that wallpaper on your Dell laptop? By the way, what happened to the computer you made? You know the one with the really nice cabling?

bob_c_b, do you mind telling me where you got that wallpaper on your Dell laptop? By the way, what happened to the computer you made? You know the one with the really nice cabling?

The wallpaper can be had here.

As for my other PC, a strange series of events led to me breaking it down and selling it. First, an online aquaintance offered me $650 for my 7900GTX so that he could have a matched set of the XFX limited edition cards (too good an offer to pass up and for some reason he wanted an exact matched pair), second; my venerable Gigabyte motherboard began exhibiting extreme weirdness, third; work paid for the laptop. So I sold off the rest of my old system in pieces and was ready to build a new gaming rig, but started thinking about what games I really play lately. Since I really only play Guild Wars, HL2 and a handful of others I thought I would be lazy and just buy one, and having bought my wife a Dimension 9100 (very similair to this machine) last fall and her being pretty happy with it (and having hijacked it for my Sunday afternoon GW guild play a couple times) went with the XPS 400. So, short story gone long, that is what happened to my old gaming PC, literally resting in pieces.

Here are mine, hope someone likes them. :)

windowspc0507068dw.th.jpgmacmini0528067va.th.jpgc640528060015gx.th.jpg

I think this is a NeoWin "first', everyone - it's the first time that I've ever seen C64 equipment shown in a "PYW" (Post Your Workstation) thread.

Pretty brave, "syntaxerror64" - but wonderfully nostaglic!

--ScottKin

Nice J0sh, but that looks like your running Windows there... isn't it a bit hard with the Apple one click mouse?

He's got 2 mice, i assume the apple one is for his iBook/MacBook ;)

Thanks, and yea the Apple mouse is for my PowerBook G4.

I really like your setup J0sh (Y)

What lamps are you using on that shelf above your monitor? :)

Thanks. The lamps and shelf are from Ikea (as are the dvd shelves), the lamps are these.

will be posting again when I have time to put on the cable sleeves for cable management

but for now

computer.jpg

my computer is in the middle with the wave master case

the other 2 computers are my brothers

I think this is a NeoWin "first', everyone - it's the first time that I've ever seen C64 equipment shown in a "PYW" (Post Your Workstation) thread. Pretty brave, "syntaxerror64" - but wonderfully nostaglic!

My name should be a dead giveaway... :) It's a hobby and I still have lots of games I love to play on it. Thanks for the compliment.

Why is everyone obsessed with crazy angled shots from below the monitor?

I would post mine but it is exactly the same as the previous two monthes.

Thanks, the main desk/table is from Ikea, had it for a couple years (Galahad collection I think). The stand that the XPS 400 is on came from Office Max, some little book shelf/credenza type thing, but works well as my main goal was to keep my PC up off the carpet without eating up desktop space. The LCD is the newish 2007FPW from Dell, 20" widescreen. It suffers from the "banding" issue you can read about all over the place, but not so bad it isn't usable until they ship my replacement next week.

what screen size/resolution do you have your 2007 set to ? i just cant seem to set mine right. At the moment i got it at 1680 * 1050 at 60hz but ive noticed the odd flickering in some apps which ive read is because of the low refresh rate. Any other resolution/refresh rate just doesnt look right for some reason. Also i noticed in battlefield 2 i was getting tearing and had to enable vsynch. Have you noticed a similar problem ? i noticed my dell 2007fpw is revision A00 made in the czech republic. I dont have the banding issue but the mild flickering (which in happens in both of my 2007fpw) and general lag due to the massive resolution im having to run at just to make the screen lok right makes me ask if the 2007 are really worth it. Allthough i dont know because ive never owned a flat panel before. What is your general experience of the 2007 ?

what screen size/resolution do you have your 2007 set to ? i just cant seem to set mine right. At the moment i got it at 1680 * 1050 at 60hz but ive noticed the odd flickering in some apps which ive read is because of the low refresh rate. Any other resolution/refresh rate just doesnt look right for some reason. Also i noticed in battlefield 2 i was getting tearing and had to enable vsynch. Have you noticed a similar problem ? i noticed my dell 2007fpw is revision A00 made in the czech republic. I dont have the banding issue but the mild flickering (which in happens in both of my 2007fpw) and general lag due to the massive resolution im having to run at just to make the screen lok right makes me ask if the 2007 are really worth it. Allthough i dont know because ive never owned a flat panel before. What is your general experience of the 2007 ?

All LCDs refresh at 60mhz, so that isn't the issue, sounds like you got a dud, you should exchange it. It runs native at 1680x1050 so it should look pretty sharp, I think it is well worth it if you have the video card to push it, WoW and Guild Wars look stunning at 1680x1050, HL2/EP1/SiN look awesome, etc... Also, most games I have tested look pretty good at 1440x900 as well, so you don't have to drive it full out for it to look nice. Desktop quality is awesome and once I get the banding resolved DVDs should look at least as good ason my 2005FPW, hopefully they start shipping fixed units this week. I'm overall very happy with it, I own a 2005FPW (no on my wife's PC) and I had a 2405FPW that I sold (now that was a tough monitor to drive at full resolution).

i found out why it was. If i disconnect the second monitor the first one runs fine. I think having the second monitor attached is pushing the card past its limit. 1 monitor at 1680 by 1050 runs fine but 2 on the same card is pushing it a bit. Oh well. Ive checked both monitors on the same conneciton and they run fine.

i found out why it was. If i disconnect the second monitor the first one runs fine. I think having the second monitor attached is pushing the card past its limit. 1 monitor at 1680 by 1050 runs fine but 2 on the same card is pushing it a bit. Oh well. Ive checked both monitors on the same conneciton and they run fine.

What video card are you using?

Check your cable, connection and surroundings to make sure there isn't any electromagnetic interference present. Don't think it's the video card as I run a 2405FPW at 1920x1200 (DVI) and sometimes a second NEC at 1280x1024 (Analog) on my Radeon 9550 with no problems at all!

P4 3.0Ghz EE @ 3.6 (main)

dsc013518he.th.jpg

???????

P4 2.4Ghz

dsc013523jd.th.jpg

???????

P3 900Mhz

dsc013536vk.th.jpg

???????

Old Toshiba Satellite Pro

dsc013545wi.th.jpg

???????

My First Computer - Mac :)

dsc013552af.th.jpg

???????

P4 3.0Ghz and P4 2.4Ghz on the same table

dsc013564kl.th.jpg

???????

One laptop left that I dont have it here in this house, I have in another

Btw sorry for picture quality but I jsut took them and there is not much light in here

For once I see a non-iPod portable music player alongside a Mac! :D

Very nice!

If only it was 100% compatible with my Mac :(