Post your workstations

If you guys have the router I think I see, the WRT54G, then I have a fix for the torrent problem.

http://www.thibor.co.uk/

It's third party firmware. I've been running it for two weeks with no problems. There is actually a tutorial on utorrents site about it that I can't seem to find at the moment if you need it. The firmware also gives you extra options like extending your signal. (Don't do it too much or you can overheat it, lol.)

But yea, it turns the router into a kick ass one. It only works with versions 1-4 though. 5-7 don't work at all. You can check out the version on the bottom of the router if you don't know which you have.

I have the v5. No cool firmware for me.

Move it away from your phone base and straighten the antenna.

The signal is good quality, and my main rig is wired, so it doesn't affect me too much. Thanks for the tip i suppose. :D

Well I finally got a Dell 2405FPW 24 Ultrasharp LCD.

To celebrate the occasion I decided to clean up my study :)

It’s taken all day but here is the final result.

The monitor is absolutely fantastic by the way.

One question I want to ask is, what do you think I should do with my speakers. The desk I have is fairly large but I would love to do something about the 6 speakers. Any idea's??

Edited by Gerry

You just quoted, PiracyX?? :blink: :huh:

anyway, back on topic nice setup and gun, Routerbad :D

I don't want to post my setup now because mine looks like a chiderns play room, compare to you Routerbad.. :blush:

Those are clustered FAS270's We drop the Exchnge databases and transaction log files along with system state backups of the servers onto them.

Nice, we have been doing jetstress testing at work with FAS3020 clusters for exchange :cool:

Well I had to get mine in there and here it is. Difference with me is that I am a retired Vietnam grunt living at the edge of the jungles of Thailand. No phone lines here, so I am connected with a 2 meter two way sattellite connection that provides me with 1024 down and 512 upload. Plenty of speed. The desk is made out of a recovered root of a Teak tree.

Wish I had the work station Routerbad has.

anyway, back on topic nice setup and gun, Routerbad

Sorry little of topic but, when in the military I had to say 500 times "This is my weapon, this is my gun, this is for fighting and this is for fun"

computer%20desk.jpg

New Keyboard and some new toys (DS Lite and iPaq) building a subwoofer soon :-)

desk-24062006h.jpg

coevering a receiver is not really a good idea

I just got my Dell 2407 today.

Had to put my printer and other bulky items in storage as they wouldnt fit on my desk any more!

Like Powerless, my monitor is suffering from ghosting, but i found that durning the brightness below 30 got rid of it (i like low brightness). Got the A02 version.

Dsc00973.jpg

It’s taken all day but here is the final result.

100_2318.jpg

100_2319.jpg

100_2320.jpg

One question I want to ask is, what do you think I should do with my speakers. The desk I have is fairly large but I would love to do something about the 6 speakers. Any idea's??

Hey that table looks amazing. just the sort of thing i am looking for? where did you get it and what are the measurement please :) thanks

It's nothin' special, but it gets the bullet from A to B. ;)

I'm deployed so I practically sleep with the thing, not to mention it goes everywhere with me (everywhere).

dsc00031.jpg?imgmax=432

Here is another one, I just came home from work and threw my gear up on my rack.

I guess you like GM alot?

Well I had to get mine in there and here it is. Difference with me is that I am a retired Vietnam grunt living at the edge of the jungles of Thailand. No phone lines here, so I am connected with a 2 meter two way sattellite connection that provides me with 1024 down and 512 upload. Plenty of speed. The desk is made out of a recovered root of a Teak tree.

Wish I had the work station Routerbad has.

Sorry little of topic but, when in the military I had to say 500 times "This is my weapon, this is my gun, this is for fighting and this is for fun"

We never said that but we recited the rifleman's creed about 30 times a day during bootcamp. :|

Anyway nice setup and I love that desk. :laugh:

Routerbad>1.is tha your own personal laptop or a gov./army issue one?

2.Do you have one monitor near the serve racks and have somesort of KVM system or use a laptop with a VNC app

My point is that we should stay on topic. You posted pictures of your server. (aka: a "work" station)

from Dictionary.com:

work?sta?tion n.

1. An area, as in an office, outfitted with equipment and furnishings for one worker and usually including a computer.

2. A sophisticated standalone computer used for a specific purpose, such as imaging.

Maybe it would be interesting to see a new topic named "Post your servers", which would better suit your images and topics of conversation.

Say, if I had an extra life, I would sell you one, fall back.

Routerbad>1.is tha your own personal laptop or a gov./army issue one?

2.Do you have one monitor near the serve racks and have somesort of KVM system or use a laptop with a VNC app

1. That is my personal laptop.

2. The KVM switch is between the Cisco 3750 and the bottom Dell2650 in the middle rack

My point is that we should stay on topic. You posted pictures of your server. (aka: a "work" station)

from Dictionary.com:

work?sta?tion n.

1. An area, as in an office, outfitted with equipment and furnishings for one worker and usually including a computer.

2. A sophisticated standalone computer used for a specific purpose, such as imaging.

Maybe it would be interesting to see a new topic named "Post your servers", which would better suit your images and topics of conversation.

WoW...take a deep breat:blink:k:

This is my desktop as of right now. As some know, I'm building a new one, so be sure I'll get pix of that up ASAP!

10002968aj.jpg

10002992pg.jpg

10002980vy.jpg

Its a rather dated PC. I built it back in '00 or '01. It stil lserves it's purpose :p

It?s taken all day but here is the final result.

What size is your other monitor? I'm looking into getting that Dell one, and it'd be nice to know what my current one would line up to it as.

What size is your other monitor? I'm looking into getting that Dell one, and it'd be nice to know what my current one would line up to it as.

Dell 2405FPW. The size is the first 2 numbers in all Dell monitor model numbers. The last 2 are the "year" I suppose. The letter = Flat Panel, Widescreen. Hope that helps.

dsc00017.jpg

This is my "work"station. ;)

Here is my personal workstation

dsc00028.jpg

dsc00029.jpg

i'm glad the crappy time I had there in 2003 paved the way for your nice room and internet connection. The only thing we had were calls that took 2 hours to get through via MILSAT through our THSDN. I take it you're 74B? I was 31F I think it's 25F now. Anyway, glad it's easier over there now. Tents in 168 egrees wasn't fun...