Post your workstations

goodcase i think you have a D50 right? correct me if i am wrong

what kinda camera are you using mrk? how many pixels

Canon EOS 350D DIGITAL

:laugh: :D

8mp btw, though on a dslr you can have the same image quality (if not better) on a 4mp body (if it's a 1ds for example) - it's all about pixel density.

Not posted in a while. Nothing's really changed except for the 360 and location.

e: wow, the image quality sucks.

Pleaaaaaase tell me where you got the Pulp poster please!

I want too much right now. As a matter of fact, I was looking at DSLRs today. I've been considering upgrading my PC (love your case, btw), or getting an iMac 20", or a DSLR. Too bad I have too many wants and not enough funds.

I want too much right now. As a matter of fact, I was looking at DSLRs today. I've been considering upgrading my PC (love your case, btw), or getting an iMac 20", or a DSLR. Too bad I have too many wants and not enough funds.

Give it some time :) I want to upgrade my 19" widescreen to teh dell 2007WFP but it's going to cost me ?150 extra, I do have that spare atm but if I do spend the extra I will get by the rest of the month "just" about ok so I don't wnat to spend it in that regards either just incase I need it! I also need to buy a photo printer but cannot til next month ish unless i keep my current 19" widescreen and spend the cash on a good printer - money man, money://

University. It was a stall thing done by http://www.oneposter.com, but I don't think it was on their site when I looked. On the poster there's http://www.gbeye.com printed on it but I don't know if that's a retail place, looked like just a supplier iirc.

Many thanks:DD

workstation1.jpg

with flash

workstation2.jpg

without flash

workstation3.jpg

LCD - 19" Samsung 930B

Turntable - Technics SL-1200MK2

Speakers - Bose

Mixer - Gemeni PDM-6008

Keyboard - By eluminX

Mouse - Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical

Sony Receiver/Multi-Disc Changer

PSP

Motorola SLVR L7

and yes, I am a DJ :)

Give it some time :) I want to upgrade my 19" widescreen to teh dell 2007WFP but it's going to cost me ?150 extra, I do have that spare atm but if I do spend the extra I will get by the rest of the month "just" about ok so I don't wnat to spend it in that regards either just incase I need it! I also need to buy a photo printer but cannot til next month ish unless i keep my current 19" widescreen and spend the cash on a good printer - money man, money://

I have a 2005FPW, decent workstation (AMD 64 3200+, 1GB RAM) that's okay for doing what I do (graphic design, web design, programming). I don't really game at all so what's the point of having something that's too much. I purchased a Mac Mini when they first came out and now the PowerPC processor is obsolete and since then something has happened to the Mini. I'm looking for a Mac and the iMac 20" is perfect. I'm also wanting to pick up a better camera (SLR as I mentioned in previously). When I purchase the iMac there will be no upgrades so I will be getting the stock system. I was looking at a few SLRs and the price for the one you have isn't bad, right in the price range for me. How does the camera feel? What is the cost for a lens? I've never gone this far into photography, fairly new. I have taken a class in journalism and we discussed photo journalism for a few weeks so I've gotten my hands dirty. I also love your case. Very nice. I could purchase the camera today, if wanted, but I'm going to see how things go before I jump on it.

I have a 2005FPW, decent workstation (AMD 64 3200+, 1GB RAM) that's okay for doing what I do (graphic design, web design, programming). I don't really game at all so what's the point of having something that's too much. I purchased a Mac Mini when they first came out and now the PowerPC processor is obsolete and since then something has happened to the Mini. I'm looking for a Mac and the iMac 20" is perfect. I'm also wanting to pick up a better camera (SLR as I mentioned in previously). When I purchase the iMac there will be no upgrades so I will be getting the stock system. I was looking at a few SLRs and the price for the one you have isn't bad, right in the price range for me. How does the camera feel? What is the cost for a lens? I've never gone this far into photography, fairly new. I have taken a class in journalism and we discussed photo journalism for a few weeks so I've gotten my hands dirty. I also love your case. Very nice. I could purchase the camera today, if wanted, but I'm going to see how things go before I jump on it.

The camera feels good in my hands, people with big hands may need to buy the grip to add extra support but most will be fine - lenses can cost from ?50 all the way up to ?1500 for regular usage lenses and exceeding that price for premium use lenses. it all depends on what you will shoot and what range of zoom you need.

best to go into a camera shop and have a play around I would say before buying!

I don't live in a very large city so there aren't really any shops I can go into. Would you recommend a new flash? Does the camera include a decent lens? I'm considering myself a beginner and have a somewhat-tight budget so I can't spend a fortune on this camera. Do you have any tips?

One last question (for this post :p), what's included with the camera?

The camera comes with a 256mb card (via offer), a 18-55mm lens and the amera body as well as teh usual starps/cabeles/chargers and battery etc.

The kit lens it comes with is good enough for most uses to start off with and even beter once you've become a ninja-ish-user with it :p

Almost all my shots on the workstation pics thread were done using it :)

I may buy this camera soon. Newegg is running a deal on it right now for $609 shipped with a 2GB CF card. I may jump on this, but I'm not sure yet. Get my check within a few days as well as some other bills to pay =/. Life sucks. Thanks for all the help. Seems like a great camera.

Here is my workstation at home. I go back to uni at the weeked so I will post my cut down uni station next week.

Desk:

Close up of desk:

note: new ipod nano!! i love it.

TV, 360, ps2 and speakers:

Rig: