Post your workstations

Here is my 8U rack.

It is consisted with a 4U, a 2U and a linksys router.

Spec of the 4U is in my signature. Spec of the 2U is

AMD 64 3200+

2gm ram.

one rapter for OS and two addtional HDDs for storage.

Whole picture

img04020lz.th.jpg

And when I turn the light off, which I usually do unless during assembly.

img04030ur.th.jpg

There you go. :)

Mmmmm, rackmount goodness :D

Getting tired of the same pictures.. :whistle:

Why do you keep posting the same pics every month?

Nothing big

IM001433.jpg

My friends love my setup, all of the wires are hidden.

IM001434.jpg

Craptacular '13. The display is a lot better than it looks though.

IM001435.jpg

This picture actually came out nice, why not post it. :)

IM001436.jpg

hurray for temporary arrangements :) oh and low light photography. ;) (maybe i?ll upload better pics sometime)

macbook6se.th.jpg

What you see is:

-Old Speakers with relatively decent sound.

-External HDD (250GB Samsung)

-Lots of Cables (Power, Network, External HDD, Mouse, Speakers)

-Dell 2005fpw (DVI -> MacBook; VGA -> Windows Box)

-MacBook (2 Ghz, 2 GB DDR2 RAM, 60 GB HDD)

-Black Cherry Keaboard (Windows Box)

-IntelliMouse Optical (old, like 6 or 7 years old. but i love it:)) )

-Grey Cable to the right is for the Pinnacle Remote (Windows Box)

What you don?t see:

-Windows Box (under desk, for TV viewing purposes, etc. Only Powered when needed.)

-More Cables.

i53679078_91126_6.jpg

1 the hard drive is on his case his case is open and he has water above it

2 he dose not seem to be worried about electrostatic discharges

"How to Avoid Destroying a Computer With Electrostatic Discharge

Electrostatic discharge (ESD) is a fancy term for common static electricity. Getting a shock from the doorknob may not hurt you much, but the same kind of shock can put your computer in intensive care. Whenever you open the case to work on your PC's innards, you should be aware of ESD and how to avoid it. "

http://www.wikihow.com/Avoid-Destroying-a-...tatic-Discharge

Ultra Antistatic Wrist Strap

U10-3005-b.jpg

http://p6.piczo.com/img/i53679078_91126_6.jpg

1 the hard drive is on his case his case is open and he has water above it

2 he dose not seem to be worried about electrostatic discharges

"How to Avoid Destroying a Computer With Electrostatic Discharge

Electrostatic discharge (ESD) is a fancy term for common static electricity. Getting a shock from the doorknob may not hurt you much, but the same kind of shock can put your computer in intensive care. Whenever you open the case to work on your PC's innards, you should be aware of ESD and how to avoid it. "

http://www.wikihow.com/Avoid-Destroying-a-...tatic-Discharge

Ultra Antistatic Wrist Strap

http://images.tigerdirect.com/SkuImages/ga.../U10-3005-b.jpg

So your classification is based on

1) the presence of stationary and contained drinking water; and

2) the absence of anti-static wrist strap in the picture.

See there is absolutely nothing wrong with a case on the carpet. A guy's only a "n00b" if he doesn't realize the charge and properly discharge himself before touching the electrical components inside his computer. One of the best way of discharging is a simple touch on the case and repeat the step if you move your feet or make contact with other bodies that might create a charge--The reason the almighty antistatic strap is connected to the chassis and another reason of having a chassis--In fact, a lot of pro's do that when they don't have access to the strap during a particular moment.

So your classification is based on

1) the presence of stationary and contained drinking water; and

2) the absence of anti-static wrist strap in the picture.

See there is absolutely nothing wrong with a case on the carpet. A guy's only a "n00b" if he doesn't realize the charge and properly discharge himself before touching the electrical components inside his computer. One of the best way of discharging is a simple touch on the case and repeat the step if you move your feet or make contact with other bodies that might create a charge--The reason the almighty antistatic strap is connected to the chassis and another reason of having a chassis--In fact, a lot of pro's do that when they don't have access to the strap during a particular moment.

I realized he could have touched the case but because he dose not seem to care that he has a cd drive on the carpet I do not think that he realized or cared about static

maybe he is carefull and dose not think he would spill the water but that dose not mean everyone else is as carefull :whistle: (my brother) lol

even i use a couple wooden blocks underneath my laptop to tilt it a bit, why bother paying for something that would do the same thing as a wooden block, and also takeup more desk space, what a looser lol

Why's everyone ragging on about cephas setup? It's not that big a deal

Btw, cephas, in your watercooling setup, are the holes in the case where the radiators are placed? I don't see how the radiators can function well unless air can flow into them/out of them

'you suck at life' is a bit too nice.

i say... 'you are a pretentious ****'.

he is not a n00b, i have seen cephas post good replies and in general be a great community person for neowin so stop being so arrogant and get a life. this is post your workstations thread not stretch your e-penis thread.

out.

I personally think we should be commenting on that retarded 12 year old...

I mean come on, personally ive had my computer on the floor loads (aka now) and open (aka now) and ive had hdd's hanging from places and cd-rom drives everywhere (aka when i had linux).

Oh and this might give you a heart attack... BUT I HAD NO WRISTBAND *faints*

I dont know if you realise but rubber feat are on the bottom for one reason only ;) also only an idiot shuffles around the carpet to touch the computer, and i hope they have never seen the inside of one. I feel sorry for you and your "brother"

dave164

Why's everyone ragging on about cephas setup? It's not that big a deal

Btw, cephas, in your watercooling setup, are the holes in the case where the radiators are placed? I don't see how the radiators can function well unless air can flow into them/out of them

Yeah, the case (CM Stacker) comes stock with a hole at the bottom:

CMStacker_I2.jpg