xp freezes when installing macintosh drivers

im running bootcamp xp with my macbook.

after finished installing xp, i run macintosh drivers cd i just made back while using the bootcamp assistant.

when the installation of the macintosh drivers under xp almost finished, it just freezes. i cant even move my cursor with my mouse or trackpad. and the capslock and numlock led indicator just dont work when i press them.

any idea about this problem? or is it a bug?

well, while waiting for the replies on this thread im gonna try re-burning the macintosh drivers cd incase it got corrupted.

thanks alot!

its been a while since i used OS X. about 1 year ago, then i feel glad to be back on the mac track again!.

Sounds like you're not installing Windows XP Pro with SP2.

Also check for other dialogue windows that might be underneath the progress window.

-Ax

it was bad macintosh drivers cd. i was playing with some apps while burning it. it might get corrupted.

i decided to make a new one, burned it, while leaving my osx untouched. it worked flawlessly now.

great!

thanks for replying.

neowave: lol, i dont know where to put this thread to. decided to put it in osx suub-forum since most osx users know bootcamp.

I ran into the same problem and the solution was very easy.

Copy the .msi file from the Macintosh Drivers CD to your desktop and run it from there, instead of from the CD. This stopped any lock-ups for me.

I learnt this after reinstalling Windows XP three times (always locking up at the installation of drivers, after clicking 'continue' for unsigned drivers). The solution was to either reburn the Drivers CD or copy the setup file onto your desktop before running it.

neowave: lol, i dont know where to put this thread to. decided to put it in osx suub-forum since most osx users know bootcamp.

hehe yeah I know. The subject is a bit of a twilight zone.