FiFa or NFL?

Actually with the revised rule book this year, if a players shirt goes above their head (basically they're neck actually) they're immediately cautioned, and they are fined if anything is written on their shirt underneath. In fact many 'celebrations' are now frowned upon and you can be cautioned or fined. Lets compare that to say, T.O. or Chad Johnson.

I think that not being allowed to celebrate scoring a goal is a pathetic rule. I remember when Tim Cahill scored a goal for Everton he got sent off because he had already been cautioned before in the game. As long as you celebrate in front of your own supporters it should be allowed.

It seems to be turning into some kinda competition, whoever is worth the most must therefore be the best, most popular, more exciting etc etc... which isn't the case.

As for showboating, hell if I scored a goal in the Premiership or La Liga you'd never hear the end of it lol.

Na I wasn't trying to make it a competition...I was just trying to answer the topic starters question. But since FIFA is the governing body of all soccer leagues its not really a good comparison to the NFL.

I think its time to close this thread. It's just an ignorant yet proud american vs people who want to show him he's just an ignorant yank. I don't see why this "competition" between the two needed to start.

ps: my dad can beat your dad up!

I think its time to close this thread. It's just an ignorant yet proud american vs people who want to show him he's just an ignorant yank. I don't see why this "competition" between the two needed to start.

ps: my dad can beat your dad up!

Who are you referring to? And why are you calling people "yanks" and "ignorant"?

it seems like the NFL makes more money. i watched part of the superbowl last year and they spent loads of money on some guy who just seemed to come on to the pitch, kick the ball and then leave. what the hell is that? he probably did more stuff but i got bored because they kept starting and stopping too many times.

anyways, cricket is way better than both of these sports.

Do not forget that NFL is the league of two countries. But it is not very popular outside. The Premier League is watched all over the world as well as the Premiera Division, Bundesliga and Seria A.

LOL, this discussion again. as stated above FIFA is not a league. If you compare sports Football (soccer) makes more money all over the world, but that comparsion is unfair because its all the world vs 1 league, but if you compair NFL vs any Football (soccer) league then NFL is superior. Both sports are great, personally I like Football (soccer) much more than American Football, mainly because the only league in Mexico is the college league and it is not very good league.

What's hard to believe about it. America has a lot of disposable income that they can dedicated to watching the NFL. Forbes has the NFL generating 5.8 billion dollars in 2004. Also it is unfair to compare the NFL to the World Cup which is played only once every 4 years. Also of those conuntries that watch how many have as much income as the US.

nfl is a great sport but you got to be joking to say nfl earns more money and is a better sport in general. real football (soccer) FTW

nfl is a great sport but you got to be joking to say nfl earns more money and is a better sport in general. real football (soccer) FTW

Nobody is saying that the NFL is a better sport. People have provided links and figures showing how much the NFl generates a year, but no one has provided similar figures for soccer. It sounds like some soccer fans can't accept that the NFL may generate more money than any other league.

It sounds like some soccer fans can't accept that the NFL may generate more money than any other league.

Compared to any one single league perhaps but let's take a look at American Football against European Football in comparison on a global scale and per capita.

(Remember, in order to make a comparable comparison between the UK Premiereship and NFL, you have to multiply the population difference to produce a per capita result when comparing UK and USA).

Compared to any one single league perhaps but let's take a look at American Football against European Football in comparison on a global scale and per capita.

(Remember, in order to make a comparable comparison between the UK Premiereship and NFL, you have to multiply the population difference to produce a per capita result when comparing UK and USA).

I would hope that you are not going the popularity angle. I really get tired of that arguement. We all know American football popularity is totally located in North America. I would see that as creating an artificial equality. Also, another problem is that Americans are not solely interested in football. We have two other sports league that are almost as popular as the NFL. I don't know if there is anything similar in the UK.