There are many great features available to you once you register at Neowin, including:

• Richer content, access to many features that are disabled for guests like commenting on the front page
  • Access to a great community, with a massive database of experience on hard & software issues, gaming and recreational activities, and more
  • Access to the Neowin IRC - you could make a friend from across the world and talk to them live
  • Access to Neowin contests & subscription offers and forums that are not open to guests/li>
  • It's simple, and FREE! · Register here

Digital Camera Mythos...

What's up with everyone saying that their camera is better just because they can shoot/save in a larger megapixels??

If I have a camera A with 5.1 Megapixels and camera B with a 7 Megapixels, there's no way to tell that camera B is better than camera A, isn't that right?

Why would you need a large megapixel camera anyway? (assuming you want to print in a normal photo size 4R?, does a larger pixel matters?)

Also, what would be the ideal megapixel setting (example 1600x1200) if you want to print it in a normal size and not on a photo enlargement?

Sensor size probably means more, I bet any money that the 3MP Canon EOS D30 can produce sharper pictures than the 6mp Fuji F610 I have in front of me, Bigger sensor means the degree of enlargment over the image that hit the sensor is less.

Well I don't really agree with that.. You need to have at least a decent camera to start taking good quality pictures..

I can never get a good night/indoor quality pictures with my Pentax before -it's either too dark or blurry/lots of noise

So I'd say your camera does matter at some point as a tool

You need to know that P&S cameras have smaller sensor compared to DSLR cameras. So basically, more pixels also mean higher digital noise on higer ISO number.

With a DSLR, 6MP is way enough and wont see a difference with higher. Many photographers are saying they do 11x22 pics easily with a 6MP DSLR camera