Vista's New Fonts

What would be the replacement fonts used if a doc using them is opened on a PC that does not have Vista or Office 2007? Are the fonts embedded in each file? It will take years before everyone has moved to Vista or Office 2007.

using calibri right now, I think it's very nice. Though lucida grande (on a mac) looks ten times better.

using calibri right now, I think it's very nice. Though lucida grande (on a mac) looks ten times better.
that is what I always wondered. Why this font on mac was such beautiful and ugly on a windows xp machine. Is it a cleartype thing or something?

What version is the newest Segoe UI?

The version installed with Office 2007 (presumably) is 0.97.

that is what I always wondered. Why this font on mac was such beautiful and ugly on a windows xp machine. Is it a cleartype thing or something?

Possibly. There's way too much contrast for Lucida Grande when ClearType is turned on.

ClearType may be nice for LCDs, but grayscale antialiasing - the one used in Mac OS X - beats ClearType when it comes to CRTs.

Mac OS X is using font antialiasing throughout the system and it's applications, Windows isn't capable of displaying fonts the same way.

Edit:

Didn't see your post rm20010. :laugh:

I just wanted to add that these fonts are not yet released and therefore considered warez here at Neowin. Anyone posting links to download these fonts will be warned!

As for the fonts, they are stunning! :yes:

Except for Segoe Script and Nyala the rest are part of Office 2007 BETA.

If you want them, go to http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/beta/getthebeta.mspx to get Office 2007 Beta 2, they're included with it ;)

Seems like you gave a link to get those fonts. You should warn yourself.