My First DSLR cam

Hi all

I've just got myself a D50, and a 55-200 lense, what a difference from p&s. I am not pro, but I am learning.

Please let me know how do you think? (no ps)

161175230_1bf7d0207a.jpg

153942813_ed1a9e278c.jpg

that camera got outstanding reviews from PC Magazine. i've been thinking about buying one. maybe you should do a review of it. i'd like to see what someone not from a paid publication has to say about it. :yes:

i, like you, just got a d50 (yesterday actually), and i am still figuring all the settings out lol...

i never really looked into digital photography before, but ended up spending ?650 on the kit on impulse... now i learning all i can about shutter speeds, aperture size blah blah blah.....

i've taken a few shots so far (about 300+), but i really need to perfect things as about 90% of em' were crap...

i uploaded some to my deviantart account if anyone wants to see... http://houlty.deviantart.com/

cheers,

houlty...

Good shots, but even at a reduced size I can detect some noise from here. Specially on the first pic.

Thanks guys... I will keep it up, I am still learning, actually I learnt a lot since I got my camera, I used to use auto mode(includes those picture I posted), but now I have a general idea for how things works, I try to use manual focus, iso, aperture all the time now.

@sanctified: Ye, I know lots of noise, I shoot the picture at night and there were no other lights, also, I didn't use flash, and it was full auto mode. But now, I think (hope) I can have much better skill to shoot much better pictures.

Love the first picture, I too have that camera!

Get yourself a polariser next!

Personally I'm after a 70-300mm Nikkor AF-G lens once I've accumulated "teh monies" :(

My wife and I picked up a D50 kit (w/ 18-55mm) as well as the 55-200mm zoom a few weeks before the birth of our son. I love this DSLR and would recommend it to anyone as it is a great learner as well as having enough features for a more experienced user as well.

I agree with the polarizer. I am still waiting for the 2 I ordered as they are currently on backorder :(