MSBlog Exclusive: Vista Beta 2 is public!

...Now you guys just have to hope they have the Windows Live Network servers all ready for the influx of users. Otherwise, we're going to have a lot of angst on the boards.. rofl. :p

...Now you guys just have to hope they have the Windows Live Network servers all ready for the influx of users. Otherwise, we're going to have a lot of angst on the boards.. rofl. :p

I'm sure Microsoft are prepared. However, are the Neowin servers? :o

if Office 12's activation servers were any example, we will be seeing a lot of angst ;)

Is this only available as a DVD? I have a DVD reader but not a burner... is there no chance I can test it out then?

Lol that's soo gonna happen.

I expect an onslaught of "WHY ISN'T THE DOWNLOAD LINK WORKING :(?" etc. :laugh:

I'll download it, just in a couple of days.

Is this only available as a DVD? I have a DVD reader but not a burner... is there no chance I can test it out then?

Yeah there is a way. Google it, and you should find a couple of links that change system files so they'll work on a DVD.

Lol that's soo gonna happen.

I expect an onslaught of "WHY ISN'T THE DOWNLOAD LINK WORKING :(?" etc. :laugh:

I'll download it, just in a couple of days.

Microsoft should release a torrent, too.

Yeah there is a way. Google it, and you should find a couple of links that change system files so they'll work on a DVD.

You do NOT need to modify the DVD image. Mount the ISO using Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% and run the install from there. It will copy all required images to your hard disk and you'll be able to install from that.

If they end up handing out xImage (via the WAIK), you can use that to split the "Install.wim" file; which, if you haven't already noticed, contains the bulk of the content on the ISO image.

Microsoft should release a torrent, too.

Seriously, that would be the best thing to do right now, host Vista on a torrent.

BitTorrent was created for files like these, huge files that need to be spread to avoid hammered servers.

^^ DVD. You can use xImage to split up the Install.wim file, but that's only included in the Windows Automated Installer Kit (WAIK). You could also mount the DVD image with a drive emulation program, and then install it like that. There are likely more ways, too, if anybody knows and is willing to share.

Microsoft should put it on LimeWire and KaZaA too. :rofl: :laugh:

Oh I'm sure it'll turn up on there...Except the filesize will be < 2mb, and it'll be called "install.exe" ;).

Jokes aside, I wish they'd hurry up and release this :(