MSBlog Exclusive: Vista Beta 2 is public!

Wonder if I can get it working in VMWare...

From what we (as in Vista Beta Testers) have seen is that it will work in VMWARE. Expect, as always, for it to be a little sluggish but equally as sluggish as using VMWARE.

--ScottKin

Finally, the big thing had hapened, now it would be lovely if this isn't the old build because it still had some nasty bugs. Damnit can't wait to see :D.

Wanna know something...They did this With Windows XP they Delayed it Till Midnight...so if im right they should open the page at Midnight (GMT Greenwich mean time: dublin, edinburgh, london, lisbon)

Why bother posting that it is now public before it actually is? That is just stupid. Posting non-working download links is even worse.

Do you guys think they will make it SO available that there wont be a delay or lockup on the servers? Or...will that happen anyway? Also...since it is a public beta, will other websites be legally allowed to mirror it? Similar to SP2 was mirrored...

Why bother posting that it is now public before it actually is? That is just stupid. Posting non-working download links is even worse.

Maybe you should try learning the English language.

"will be available" is not equal to "is available".

MSBlogs are saying that it will become available sometime today.

Also, here's what they have on their page in bold red letters:

"At the moment access to these download links is restricted.

Microsoft will enable them for public download later!"

Maybe you should try learning the English language.

"will be available" is not equal to "is available".

MSBlogs are saying that it will become available sometime today.

Maybe you should try reading the title of the article you are replying to: "Vista Beta 2 is now public".

Will a mod please edit the very misleading title of this article?

...And so the angst begins, it seems. A tad bit early, but I suppose once we're in full swing it will be an even bigger sight to behold.

Alright guys, the links are not active yet, hence why no one can download it. Have patience and avoid attacking each other over nonsense.

if you took the time to read you would have sen that the links are not active yet

The article here on Neowin doesn't say that, and the original source of the article is getting hammered so it's very hard for some people to read it. Don't blame people for not reading something that they very likely can't access.

The article here on Neowin doesn't say that, and the original source of the article is getting hammered so it's very hard for some people to read it. Don't blame people for not reading something that they very likely can't access.

Thanks, at least some people understand, & yes i read the [now accesible mirror] and understand it wont be available until later on today/night.

What's going to be the limitations of this "public" beta? Im assuming there's going to be some. is it going to blow up your cpu after 30 days or something/

What's going to be the limitations of this "public" beta? Im assuming there's going to be some. is it going to blow up your cpu after 30 days or something/

If it is like the one for XP, it will likely have a timebomb on it, so it will stop working in 3-6 months (I think XP was 6 months, and I know that the public betas for 2003 server were).

I wonder if the public beta will have the same timebomb as the proper beta tester builds from connect etc. Which have a timebomb of May / June 2007 I think.

Also, any idea if this will be today as in today for us in the UK, or just 'today' in america?