[UK] Buying a HDTV

Plasma HD FTW. I have a Sony Plasma, although I only have Sky+ (not HD) but i have x360 for HD Content - OUTSTANDING... 1080i is... well... AWESOME!

I have been wallowing over skyHD for some time now... I don't like the fact of psying ?52/month (+?10) and ?300 for a box to be perfectly honest... seems a TAD too much if you ask :( :(

Why is it ?52/month + ?10? Doesn't the ?include/i> the extra ?10 for Sky HD?

Although yeah, it's expensive - thing is, Sky can get away with it because there are enough early adopters that are willing to pay that price. And it's only Telewest who is rivalling Sky's HD service (and Telewest does not offer as many channels in HD, only video-on-demand and BBC).

Rear projection means you'll have a huge part on the back of the TV, but apparently the quality is great.

Plasma is good at big sizes, but the price goes up exponentially.

LCD is the most common, and has the most variety in terms of sizes and connections. So this is the best option for most, since most people will find an LCD HDTV to suit their budget.

If you want to know technical differences, I suggest to do a quick google, or take a look at wikipedia.

Thanks for that Bhav, information i needed exactly :)

So properly looks like a LCD, my parents want a don't want bigger than a 36 inch because they think a big TV can take over your room lol, but im happy with a 32 +

Prices are falling like crazy. They are already CHEAP, and I don't know when the fall will stop. Do TVs get more expensive the christmas season? Maybe with the whole sky offering HD they can get more expensive. But I don't think so.

I think it's a good time to get a 32'' HD ready TV for around 1000 euro.

And one more thing, BBC one HD is open on Astra, you can get it with a proper high def satellite receiver (like the one sky offers).

And one more thing, BBC one HD is open on Astra, you can get it with a proper high def satellite receiver (like the one sky offers).

Yeah if a get a HD Box and no subscription, i can receive BBC HD for free apprantly but i need a subscription to get the others...

i am in the exact same position atm, but i am going to buy a HDTV my reason is that i might aswell buy one now as i'll use it with my PC and once the PS3 comes out.

im going to be getting a HDTV (most likely the Samsung Le26r74bdx) for my bedroom to use with my PC and Xbox 360, would it be worth the wait (if i can be patient enough) to wait until September or something to see if price comes down, i mean, i should be able to get it for ?600 from John Lewis with a 5 year guarantee as long as they price match with www.rgbdirect.co.uk (av forums said they should do) so i cant wait but just curious if its worth waiting...

If you do wait till september/october, you should be able to get a slightly better TV (spec-wise) for that price.

I want an HDTV for gaming too, but I'm delaying as long as possible because prices are bound to drop as Sky HD becomes more popular, Blu-ray and HD-DVD are established, and PS3 nears launch.