"M$" is Shut Down.

I find it annoying when people still think it's funny to say "M$" instead of "MS".  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with this statement?

• Yes.

There are at least two dozen posts with Neowinians unhappy with others continuously writing "M$" instead of "MS", "Microsoft" or "msft". So this is the definitive M$ is Shut Down thread, declaring that it's no longer cool or funny to add a dollar sign to MS just because you've run out of the previous middle school "lolz" and "omigosh!!1111" diction.

Agree?

While I agree, it also isn't cool not to give alternative options. I only use M$ when I'm angry at them.

LoLz, I agree. :p

In all seriousness, I always thought it was a lame attempt by *nix and Apple folks to try to to look cool (either that or them trying to speak "leet").

It gets old. Really quick.
But you know what gets pretty old fast too (to me, anyways)? "w00t, lolz, oh noes, omgwtf!!1111oneone, 1337/leet/l33t/others.." etc.

LOLZ!

But you know what gets pretty old fast too (to me, anyways)? "w00t, lolz, oh noes, omgwtf!!1111, 1337/leet/l33t/others.." etc.

LOLZ!

pwnt! lollerskatez!!!!1111seven

id tend to agree, it also annoys me the way i think its theregister or some other crappy news site that calls Microsoft, "the vole" or something stupid like that...wtf...

pwnt! lollerskatez!!!!1111seven
Haha!

We should come up with new things like that just for Neowin...a slang...a "Neoslang" if you will.

Okay, here's my first attempt at a Neoslang:

|}{| = A symbol for "I'd hit it!"

hehe

I agree with you but the people that use that are just gonna do it even more when people complain about it, best thing is to ignore it and spell it right yourself. Let people appear as intelligent as they make themselves when they spell.

Although I couldnt give a toss how people indicate Microsoft on the web, this thread lost all credability when you decided to allow only one answer to your poll question.......

Gee, with only one option on that poll, it'd be hard to understand where you could err...

^^ Bah, he beat me to it :p

Although I couldnt give a toss how people indicate Microsoft on the web, this thread lost all credability when you decided to allow only one answer to your poll question.......

Somebody needs a sense of humor!