Canon battery indicator?

I'm looking into buying a new Canon digital camera. How does the battery indicator on Canon cameras work, particularly the SD600 and SD630? From what I've seen, it only comes on when the battery is low? What is considered low enough for it to come on? I don't want to take my camera out just to find out that I forgot to charge it soon after.

Thanks

Well, I own a Powershot A520 and it only warns me when my batteries are running low. It's a minor nuisance, but I can live with it since I never go out with anything less than two extra sets of recharged batteries. I don't know if the newer Canons have got a battery indicator.

Canon Digital IXUS 50 Owner here and the camera is excellent apart from the lack of this feature. Hopefully if you are reading Canon a Firmware update will fix this ;)

i have had two canon digicams (S30 and SD450), and on both there is only a battery low warning. and when it comes on, the battery is usually dead very shortly after.

i have had two canon digicams (S30 and SD450), and on both there is only a battery low warning. and when it comes on, the battery is usually dead very shortly after.

Aww I don't like that. :unsure:

The indicator on my A95 usually comes on when I have ~10 shots left, no flash. Sometimes it acts erratically, though. I find that it is a better indicator of low batteries when I'm using more expensive batteries (NiMH, rechargeable).