Bit Che 1.0

Thanks (Y)

I found a problem once it updates the "Scripts" and displays the "Scripts are updated!" message.

Let's say I don't click OK and leave the dialog there.. If I close the main program, the dialog stays there. It should be forced close with the main program or made modal once it pops up.

Thanks (Y)

I found a problem once it updates the "Scripts" and displays the "Scripts are updated!" message.

Let's say I don't click OK and leave the dialog there.. If I close the main program, the dialog stays there. It should be forced close with the main program or made modal once it pops up.

ahh.. thanks for pointing that out.. for simplicity's sake, I have the update functions as a seperate program, which allow you to update the scripts in real time, or when bit che isn't running, etc, but I'll have the update program closed if you exit Bit Che. thanks!

thank you so much, this is a wonderful program, please keep up the great work!

i have had an idea for awhile about a program which allows you to enter a torrent list or torrent search rss , when you enter it the program will look for new torrents added to that rss and inform you when something is added, and also downloads the latest option if you choose ( which could be helpful for TV episode torrents )

just an idea, i know itd help me out a lot :D , maybe you can add it to your program

Check for updates goes to the site which claims .37 is still the latest :/

Installer should auto-close bit che if it is open.

well the main site only has the latest main releases (not beta releases).. users would normally have to get build 38/39 from my forums but i posted a link here as well since there seems to be interest in the updates =)

as far as the installer goes, i've added mutex checking for now.. thanks :)

here's the change log for the new build:

Download:

http://www.convivea.com/download/bit_che_1_0_39.exe

1.0.39 - Sep 14, 2006

------------------------------------------------------

1. New UI: scripts are now displayed in a 'sidebar' and groups member sites away from public sites (right click a script for extra options menu)

2. Updated UI: made a few tweaks to the user interface

3. Bug Fix: Auto Removal of Strict Matches (duplicates) now works again

4. Bug Fix: Torrent Details window does not re-appear if you close it before its loaded (or if you load a different torrent)

5. Bug Fix: file size with KB's are now properly formatted and sorted

6. Logistics Improved: Bit Che and the installer are now aware of each other, as well as multiple instances of Bit Che

I'd like to request the ability to open multiple torrents at the same time (ctrl+click), if possible :)

the Torrent Details? i was thinking about implementing this.. i figured it was a toss up though because then you'd have to close each window each time you viewed a new torrents details.. instead of just having it stay stationary until you closed it.. regardless, I will add this to the To/Do list, and just have an option of opening multiple torrent details or using only one window..

unless you meant download/opening multiple torrents, which is already enabled.. but i assume you meant torrent details :)

thanks!

Well I can't select multiple torrents, so I don't see how downloading them is already enabled?

oh i just meant that its *possible* to be downloading more than 1 torrent at once... if you right click and go "Open Torrent" on a couple different ones real fast.. but obviously thats not as convenient as selecting multiple torrents and doing 1 right click "open torrents" or "view details".. so i'll implement that soon. thanks!

Hey chip... get the original poster to update the first post in the thread with the latest version or make a new thread for updates and link from here because going through all the posts to find your latest posted version is NOT the way to do it.

Btw, thanks for your app. There is still alot of competition in this space, i'm partial to .net myself but most of the .net apps aren't that great, so good luck and may the best app win.

Also - you might want to know your app has some graphical resizing problems with Aero on windows Vista RC1, probably due to the fact that you have stated a minimum size for the window but this causes graphic glitches on that operating system - might want to get a testbed of RC1 Vista (it's stable enough for development work) and fix it :)

Edited by ev0|

ev0|!!1 :happy:

thanks Evo.. my new laptop capable of running rc1 just arrived so I'll be sure to fix up any UI problems soon..

also, i might migrate the code to .Net once Vista RTM comes out.. but I not sure it really matters.. I just want a torrent program thats fast as possible and does what I need.. I personally dont really care about the language =/ anyway, thanks for using bit che, and cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

new build of Bit Che is posted with a slew of improvements/bug fixes/new features:

Bit Che 1.0 build 43 - download page

slimy, you will notice now you can multiple select torrents to download/view, etc..

the complete change log is found on the download page. script development resources have been posted on our user forums.

enjoy :)

^ Thanks chip! If I were you, I would have made a new thread though.

Version Details

1.0.43 - Oct 7, 2006 (new since 1.0.39)

------------------------------------------------------

1. Core Improved: Now possible to Multiple Select torrents for viewing details/downloading/saving, etc

2. Core Improved: Added support for "-keyword" filters for removing results.

3. Core Improved: Compatible with sites requiring HTTP POST headers for queries.

4. Core Improved: Added new 'debug' script processor. See the Forums for script development help.

5. Core Improved: Minor tweaks to the script processor. Functions '&' and 'e' are more useful.

6. Core Fix: Updating scripts will no longer enable or disable a script. This can only be done manually.

7. GUI Improved: Bit Che now stores the last 10 searches to a drop down list.

8. GUI Improved: Password manager now a little more user friendly and encrypts passwords.

9. GUI Improved: Added a donation button Smiley (join the forums to remove this button).

10. GUI Improved: Menu option added to open Torrent Details in different windows or use a single one.

11. GUI Updated: Corrected context menu naming scheme (torrent details/open page)

12. GUI Updated: Replaced bit_che.exe icons with higher resolution 'che' logo.

13. Bug Fix: Pressing STOP in a search no longer prevents viewing of torrent details.

14. Bug Fix: Context menu for the script list is now working properly.

15. Bug Fix: "Open Website" now launches the proper web page (editable in the script .ini).

16. Added new scripts:

Dimeadozen.org

IpodNova.net

TodoTorrents.com

Status-X.net

Using web based search engines is better IMO

Each to their own I suppose, I myself like Bit Che and will continue using it. It's getting better with each point release.

Just a suggestion for Chip! - The three items on the Menu button of the Torrent Details dialogue, would it be possible to have them on their own buttons instead of a menu and talking of the torrent details dialogue, could it be a bit wider?

These are unimportant and just very very little niggles. Just making a suggestion and won't feel bad or stop using your great programme if you ignore me or dismiss me out of hand :D

Each to their own I suppose, I myself like Bit Che and will continue using it. It's getting better with each point release.

Just a suggestion for Chip! - The three items on the Menu button of the Torrent Details dialogue, would it be possible to have them on their own buttons instead of a menu and talking of the torrent details dialogue, could it be a bit wider?

These are unimportant and just very very little niggles. Just making a suggestion and won't feel bad or stop using your great programme if you ignore me or dismiss me out of hand :D

tuckeratlarge: thanks for the input, i have added these to my todo list and will be included with the next release.. they are great suggestions!

slimy: thanks, next release ill make a new thread. i failed to realize thats how things are done here :)

ozgeek: i guess you haven't tried Bit Che? ;) web based search engines dont let you use your private sites, or have the power&flexibility of a script based application, but then again, if you only want to use piratebay, torrentspy, mininova, then your web based search engines are great! however, i would recommend http://torrentz.com over those 2 you referenced.

I just upgraded to version 44 and nice to see you have done what I asked for. Thanks, as Bit Che is a job well done I have donated.