• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

16 years old boy going out with 13 years old girl?

What is your point of view of a 16 years old boy going out with a 13 years old girl?  

715 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bahiatronic    0

Feel free to post your opinion... I personally will choose "What are they thinking" because ... really what is that girl thinking and that guy thinking... I just find it didn't work... what is yours?

Matt T    0

Being 16 myself, I know what would be on his mind, and 13 is simply far too young for it.

kaptain chump    0

Depends on how mature she is and if her parents are cool with it

JorgeIvan    0

too young for "going out"

13 is too young

Smigit    7

I dont see the big issue. Sure 3 years seems a bit but it could be closer to 2 depending on Bdays. I know where I lived it was extremly common for guys to date girls the year bellow so its not really THAT far off.

Also girls mature at an earlier age than boys and they usually look for someone a bit older. As long as the boys not abusing the situation for anything then I dont think its too big a deal. If he was 18 or something that would be a different story, but 16, while cutting it fine isnt totally unacceptable IMHO.

It's interesting. If a adult dates anyone within say 15 years of their age noone turns a blind eye. If a kid does it with anyone more that 1 year of difference its totally unnaceptable. Now I know kids need some sort of range but I duno why it seems to be set as being 1year.

JorgeIvan    0

I dont see the big issue. Sure 3 years seems a bit but it could be closer to 2 depending on Bdays. I know where I lived it was extremly common for guys to date girls the year bellow so its not really THAT far off.

Also girls mature at an earlier age than boys and they usually look for someone a bit older. As long as the boys not abusing the situation for anything then I dont think its too big a deal. If he was 18 or something that would be a different story, but 16, while cutting it fine isnt totally unacceptable IMHO.

agree

Slane    36

Well she has the maturity of a 16 year old it's cool. Some girls are like that, and if she has the body of a 16 year old even better. Coming from a 16 yr old. But personally I wouldn't do it, just because the teens years are a huge part of your life and numbers mean alot. I mean 13 and 16 is REAL different. Really depends on maturty and personal though I guess.

Bahiatronic    0

Actually it's a true story!! That girl is a type who likes barbie and think every boy want to have S*X with her, beside the boy... is kind of persuade by his friend... which I personally it's quite dumb. Why listen to your friends?!??! He dunno why he likes her, he dunno when he going out with her, and he dunno why he is going out with her... by the way!! Their parents dunno that as well... (even more worry)

Orange    123

SICK!

theyarecomingforyou    10,425

I say give the guy the snip and let him do whatever he wants... people that want a relationship with someone that much younger (in terms of the physical/mental differences, not the actual age gap) should not be allowed to contribute children to society.

leesmithg    226

Depends on how mature she is and if her parents are cool with it

It's not acceptable.

The girl is underaged, not saying they have had sexual intercourse, if they have the boy should charged with being a paedophile and rape.

Far too many underaged girls in Britain are having children and the law is doing zip about it. :no:

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Garry    130

I'm 22 and went out with a 17 year old earlier this year.

It seems this thread is contentious because the guy is over the age of consent but the girl isn't. That doesn't mean they're going to do anything stupid. If they're both okay with it and they don't break any laws there's no problem.

Lee G.    234

Not acceptable.

Simon-    492

I say two years up or down is acceptable. Three years is pushing the boundries, but given the right circumstances I voted yes it is acceptable.

Bobster    0

I think it's acceptable. No younger than 3 years though.

Love isn't measured by age.

Nexx295    27

Why not? It's acceptable if it isn't more than just going out.

leesmithg    226

I think it's acceptable. No younger than 3 years though.

Love isn't measured by age.

You seem to miss the point.

Lets put it this way, your daughter is 13, she brings home some boy whom is 16.

You daughter then tells your wife (or partner) they are having sexual intercourse.

Would you be happy that the law is being broken, your daughter could end up pregnant and has just screwed up her life.

19 year old and 16 fine, 21 and 16 fine 25 and 16 fine.

See the girl is over the age of consent.

16 year old boys are only after one thing and thats getting their leg over.

mrfinch    0
See the girl is over the age of consent.

16 year old boys are only after one thing and thats getting their leg over.

What if the girl was 16 and the boy was 13?

Also, not all 16 year old boys are JUST interested in sex =] - generalising = bad

leesmithg    226

What if the girl was 16 and the boy was 13?

Same, she is breaking the law if they're having sexual intercourse.

Jeffhou65    0

Unacceptable

I know a guy called Liam (16) who went out with an eleven or twelve year old. It was just.....weird.

hotdog666al    31

Depends on what they want.

Bahiatronic    0

If that's the person you know (i mean that boy), will you stop him or explain to him the consequence?!! or let him break the law (if there is something happened). I mean ... even they don't have any sexual intercourse, but think about it in knowledge between these 2 age... how can they be together, ok!! As someone mentioned girls get mature faster than boy, which i believe it's mostly surround XXX that topic.

Storm    4

Im 16 ( bday was wednesday) my gf is 14 i know some people have a problem with that but no one will come and tell me it to my face! I love her, she loves me, whats the problem?

Same, she is breaking the law if they're having sexual intercourse.

eh, as i understood: there is no lower age limit for sex with males, so a 20 yr old could be ****ing a 14 year old, legally!

Edited by Storm

Digitalx    17

its acceptable ... i'm 16 last gf i had was 13 nothing that bad about it, just because they are going out dosent mean they are having sex thats just a huge adult misconception just coz its not refferd to in normal terms like they used 'back in the day' and i mean so what i lost my virginity at 13 with a girl older then myself ... i don't see whats so bad i mean maybe if they stupid enough to have a daughter or somthing that goes round havin un protected sex then well serves you right for not giving the right advice in those areas... but liek i said again nothing wrong with hookin up and just havin a good time round each other doing stuff other then sex... which most people my age do ...

Bahiatronic    0

eh, as i understood: there is no upper age limit for sex with males, so a 20 yr old could be ****ing a 14 year old, legally!

Then that guy should go to jail then...