16 years old boy going out with 13 years old girl?

What is your point of view of a 16 years old boy going out with a 13 years old girl?  

716 members have voted

1. 1. What is your point of view of a 16 years old boy going out with a 13 years old girl?

• Acceptable
    • Outrageous
    • Age is not a matter
    • "What are they thinking"

Mmm whats the big deal???

Actually if you think a little bit, they had only 3 years of difference, but if you look into older relations the people use to have bettwen 3 to 10 years difference or more...

In my country (Chile), Cecilia Bolocco (Ex miss universe) is married with the ex president of Argentina (Carlos Menem) and they have a difference about 20 to 30 years... so actually, 3 years is nothing xD...

Acceptable, when i was 16 i was going out with this girl who was 13, were now relly good friends and nothing ever happened between us really as far as anything sexual.

I'd frown upon it really, the age difference matters more when you're younger due to maturity and legality if it was serious

3 years difference doesnt matter when the guy is 18-19+

Personally I hate it, but that's for reasons completely unrelated to logic or morals or whatever.

I do believe that it is acceptable and they are free to do as they wish as long as both parties consent. There's also the whole thing of nobody should obstruct the path love takes us.

By 3 years...just, ignore this.

In general, she is 13 and of puberty. But it would also depend mainly on her maturity level. Also he is only 3 years older. if he was 13 and she was 10 then I would would say "bad".

• 1 month later...

Actually, I was wondering what your opinions were on this as well.. I am 17 years old, and I love this 13 year old girl. We met a few years ago because she is my best friends sister, so Ive known her for a long time now, and her mom likes me. However lately we have been cuddling etc, and I was thinking of asking her out..Shes not new to dating or anything as she has had plenty of boyfriends before, and has never done anything sexual. I also dont intend on doing anything sexual with her, at least until she comes of age... What do you guys think I should do? She truly does like me ALOT, and its clear we both have feelings for each other. She is very mature and outgoing, since she hangs out with us alot and follows in our footsteps. I am also very nice and understanding, so I would never pressure her into doing anything bad.

Actually, I was wondering what your opinions were on this as well.. I am 17 years old, and I love this 13 year old girl. We met a few years ago because she is my best friends sister, so Ive known her for a long time now, and her mom likes me. However lately we have been cuddling etc, and I was thinking of asking her out..Shes not new to dating or anything as she has had plenty of boyfriends before, and has never done anything sexual. I also dont intend on doing anything sexual with her, at least until she comes of age... What do you guys think I should do? She truly does like me ALOT, and its clear we both have feelings for each other. She is very mature and outgoing, since she hangs out with us alot and follows in our footsteps. I am also very nice and understanding, so I would never pressure her into doing anything bad.

To be honest, I can't imagine what you would have in common with a 13 year old. If she is your best friends sister too then it doesn't sound like a good idea. It might seem exciting at the moment, or tempting to go for what you can't have but lets be honest, you aren't going to get married and it's probably best to just stay as good friends. I don't think that 4 years is a big difference if you are 30 - 34, but in your teenage years you are changing so much especially between 13 and 17, that I don't think it would last. Obviously think about it and do what you think is best, but that just my opinion.

Unacceptable

I know a guy called Liam (16) who went out with an eleven or twelve year old. It was just.....weird.

Thats just disturbing... seriously... :x would no1 from the ages of 14-18 accept him? :rofl:

Don't ruin it now... could be something great later when you're both a bit older, well when she is anyway, when you can actually give the relationship a proper go.

my $0.02

They are both too young to know what love is. I voted yes because it's fine to be 'going out'.

It's a different matter if they are having sex as she is far too young. However, living in todays world they could well be. I'm not saying I agree with that because I don't. The fact of the matter is, if they are having sex there's not much you can do about it other than make sure they are well educated.

anyway, back on topic. The OP ran a poll asking if it was ok to be 'going out'.

Yes of course it is, so long as they aren't braking any laws :)

Yes its acceptable, but if sex is on either of their minds - then no way.

Im 16, and earlier in the year, went out with a 14 year old. I felt a bit strange, and it only lasted a week :) - but hey remember that girls are usually more mature than guys, and pretty much most women always end up being with/marrying an older guy.

Adults can vary as much as 15-20 years without anything being strange, but because of the hormones atc associated with teens, and the fact that someone whos 13 isnt ready for as much as a 16 year old, then a smaller gap is acceptable. I would say that, IMO, 2 years either way is a max.

Its, hmm, its ok i suppose if their going out, but as long as its no more than that.

a boy of 16 most of the time only has one thing on his mind that that age when its comes to girls, the girl is too young to be doing anything sexual.

and we wonder why theres girls walking around pregnant at 16.

a younger boy going out with a older girl is different matter though.

and what the dude^ said above me :D

taken from bash.org

"<ckx> women ask for it

<ckx> they act all old and mature

<ckx> and then you stick your **** up their ***

<ckx> and they get all *****y

<ckx> "I"M ONLY 13, I'M ONLY 13!!!"

:rofl:

I'm 16 and I wouldn't go for any of the 13 year olds (year 8's) around here, but there are some alright 14 year olds (year 9's) and some very hot 15's (years 10 and 11).

I suppose it's just the way they look and act. One of the girls from school I talk to (in my year) goes out with guys a lot older then her, but that's her decision.

If you didn't know the age of the girl, and so couldn't do that whole "the age gap is too big" thing then the obvious fallback is physical and mental maturity. Thats what i base all my opinions on anyway, how physically / mentally mature the girl is.

All of the people at my school however (15) base it on what year the girl is. It is possible to get a 2 year age difference between a year 10 and a 9, and it is also possible to get a 2 day difference between a yr10 and 9.

In my view the relationship is acceptable as long as the girl is physically/mentally mature enough for the 16 yr old.