Dl-604 Router: Xbox Live/Internet connection

I really need some major help

Ok, so here's what's going on. I have a D-Link 604 Ver E Router. I use this so I can play Halo 2 on Xbox Live and so my sister can use my computer to get on the internet. I have Comcast Cable, and I've set everything up correctly. Then a couple weeks ago, i began going into Halo 2's matchmaking(I hope some are familiar with this), and whenever I start a matchmaking game... I notice that the internet connection on my computer drops. EX: I Start a Team Slayer game, I try to go to a website and it doesn't load and my AIM disconnects.

Also, once I end the matchmaking game, I can log back on AIM and surf the internet... BUT... a few minutes later, I lose connection to my Xbox Live and I get the Troubleshoot/Cancel message.

I'm really a novice when it comes to this sort of stuff, but I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could help

btw- I'm using XP as my OS, and a RCA/Thomson USB/Cable Modem (I use the ethernet, not usb)

:blush: please help me

Is your xbox hooked up via wired or wireless? How about the computer hooked up via wired or wireless?

I run both xbox live with halo2 and I have 3 pc's also on my network. I have no problem whatsoever so not sure if maybe this is a wireless issue or what.

I think I've fixed the problem

Apparantly, the MAC Address clone feature on my router cloned the address of my computers network. So I changed it to the MAC Address on the back of the router under the serial number. Then I went to my Xbox, and entered advanced, and enter the MAC Address of the xbox itself. I then ran the wizard, didn't clone the MAC Address(I used the one on the back of the router), and rebooted the router... WALLAH! it works

thank you mattATX, I greatly appreciate you replying :) it was wired btw, standard RJ-45 ethernet cables