AutoPatcher XP June 2006

we can get all the windows update from AP, is it means that we can close the window automatic update from microsoft? because all the update from microsoft is already included in AP

we can get all the windows update from AP, is it means that we can close the window automatic update from microsoft? because all the update from microsoft is already included in AP

Well, you can disable the automatic updates, but that will cause nags from the Security Center. Leave it enabled. :)

ignore this post

Which one? :unsure:

Edited by xyz123

Which one? :unsure:

We're not allowed to delete our own posts so I just edited it to say ignore... It was refering to itself.

[OT] M26S4U how come u'r handle is different from the others. You have subscribed or many posts give that sort of handle? Thnx in advance.

[OT] M26S4U how come u'r handle is different from the others. You have subscribed or many posts give that sort of handle? Thnx in advance.

If you are talking about the + in front of my handle then that is because I have subscribed :)

Maybe he means he only registered, not subscribed. :blink:

This is off-topic, but BTW, what's the difference between that two? :blush:

First of I have to say my special tanks to the owner of autopatcher.‎

But I have some problems

First I have a windows XP by service pack 1 installed on my system.‎

And I download and install APRIL full version and May and June update versions. ‎Now autopatcher tells me I can install 176 item to select.‎

The first question: what is this question means in update? When I run update May or ‎update June it asked me do I want to install full or lite. What are the different? And ‎which one I have to choose?‎

Second question: my friend did exactly as I did but ha got only 137 item. Why?‎

Third question: because I don?t install SP2 when I check on the windows update site, ‎it tells me I have to install SP2 first. And now my question. This autopatcher doesn't ‎contain update need for SP2. if not what can I do.‎

Fourth question: when I check my windows by Microsoft official website it told me I ‎have to download about 100MB of critical and recommended update to have a real up ‎to date windows. Does it mean autopatcher dose not have these update?‎

And my last question: when I can download next version? ‎

@NOS@BSD, dont worry the ms updates are official. the release itself isnt to make testing easier (files not encrypted so can be altered)

@alizali, autopatcher does not contain sp2, you need to get it first through windows update.

the xp autopatcher releases are aimed at sp2, a lot of the updates included may not be available to you with sp1. if you do not update to sp2 you will need to get a lot of extra updates that autopatcher does not include because they are included in sp2.

one reason why your friend and you have different ammounts of mdules may be because one of you have the full version and one the lite version (has less addons).

when installing update releases, if presented with the option your stuck on, the answer will depend on whether you used a full or lite release as the base release your installing on top of.

the next release (july06) will be done in up to 1 week.

Tank you theblazingangel

But can you tell me what are the different between a full and lite version? And witch ‎one better?‎

As a reply to my second question : my friend use the same CD as I use. 3 file April ‎full and May and June Update. So why we have some differences now.‎

‎ And the third. You mean if I have the july06 update Microsoft doesn?t have any new ‎thing for me.‎

And I didn't get this part if I have a April full and May and June updates my windows ‎is completely up to date? ( although I mean up to end of June)‎

And the last question. What is your opinion? Shall I install SP2 separately ? Is it ‎necessarily? ‎

Tank you theblazingangel

But can you tell me what are the different between a full and lite version? And witch ‎one better?‎

As a reply to my second question : my friend use the same CD as I use. 3 file April ‎full and May and June Update. So why we have some differences now.‎

‎ And the third. You mean if I have the july06 update Microsoft doesn?t have any new ‎thing for me.‎

And I didn't get this part if I have a April full and May and June updates my windows ‎is completely up to date? ( although I mean up to end of June)‎

And the last question. What is your opinion? Shall I install SP2 separately ? Is it ‎necessarily? ‎

For the differenced between Full and Lite, check out the FAQ and scroll down to the "releases" section.

You should install SP2 before going anywhere near Autopatcher, it's vital to keeping your Windows computer up-to-date and secure.

And in a few months I believe MS is going to stop releasing updates for SP1.

I think they already have, along with Win98, haven't they?

So there is no auto patcher that has SP1 or / AND SP2 included? Cause.. I don't have either.. I have a clean slate of Windows. lol

So there is no auto patcher that has SP1 or / AND SP2 included? Cause.. I don't have either.. I have a clean slate of Windows. lol

sorry even SP1

you mean autopatcher dosen't have SP2 either SP1??

SP2 includes SP1 so you don't need to bother with SP1 anymore.

Also, AP doesn't come with SP2 because of the file size, so no there isn't. Grab a copy of SP2 from Microsoft.

SP2 includes SP1 so you don't need to bother with SP1 anymore.

Also, AP doesn't come with SP2 because of the file size, so no there isn't. Grab a copy of SP2 from Microsoft.

i wonder about the size of SP2

on microsoft i have the choice of download 75MB

but the ohter site tells me to download more than 200MB

and a question?

AP hase all the pathes exept those are in SPs am i right?

and if for example we have SP3 we don't need AP anymore(exepet those new pathes that come after SP3)

i wonder about the size of SP2

on microsoft i have the choice of download 75MB

but the ohter site tells me to download more than 200MB

and a question?

AP hase all the pathes exept those are in SPs am i right?

and if for example we have SP3 we don't need AP anymore(exepet those new pathes that come after SP3)

There are two versions of SP2 - there is the End-User version, which is smaller; and the redistributable version, which is for network admins and people who want to slipstream SP2 into their Windows install disc.

I reccomend getting the one from microsoft.

As for your question: Correct, we include everything post-SP2, and when SP3 comes out, I'm sure we'll be doing just post-SP3.

i have a question that drive me crazy realy

as u know i install aprill ful and may and june update

my AP installed folder is 261MB

the last time i use AP was about a week ago that i had a WINDOWS XP +SP1 at that tmie AP tell me i can choose 174 item.

because of a problem i had to change my windows and i install a new windows but this time WINDOWS XP ver2002 +SP2

and at this time AP tell me i have the choice of install 214 items.

both time i install AP from the same place ( i told you that the size of my AP directory is 261MB)

why we have this kind of diffrences from the same source?

IS it because of SP1 and SP2. i think the second time that i have SP2 i have to have less items. what's wrong here!