@live.com countdown

SionicIon

They said they had to do a few tweaks, its been a month, and I don't see any posts about issues with there new e-mail address so why do they need tweaks?!

Jexel

It is very likely yes.

However you won't be able to do so until they complete the migration process. I don't have a clue when this is coming out but they said it won't be there on live.com address release day.

2 questions. One. If my email is able to converted into @live.com what about my wlm/msn contacts? Two. What if somebody takes my @live.com email thus not being able to convert my existing hotmail acccount? Or will there be a time available for the name to be reserved incase some may wish to convert...

Smigit

I doubt they will reserve them. I dont think MS wants people to convert, merely it provides the option. It solves alot more issues than it raises by letting new users start from scratch. Actually I'm sure the conversion page will be basically the same other members saw a month ago where you can type in any live address you want and it will convert to that. So you can type the same one as a @live or something new.

But hopefully they dont reserve the names, new users have just as much right to a decent msn name and the last thing we need is the same users to have the good @hotmail AND the good @live addresses. I think itll be 1st in 1st serve.

SionicIon

Hey everybody! Check out get.live.com! Its different now, it no longer redirects you to ideas.live.com, are these the so called tweaks maybe?!

post-173268-1152843685_thumb.jpg

Edited by techdude6371

SamFielding

Mine still redirects to ideas.live.com.

SamFielding

Whoops, double post. :blush:

Edited by SamFielding

mattking
Hey everybody! Check out get.live.com! Its different now, it no longer redirects you to ideas.live.com, are these the so called tweaks maybe?!

Your attached image fails to load.

Anthony-James

mine also still directs to ideas page...

was excited for a second there :pinch:

Chosen One

getlive5zp.jpg

that's what i get!

oopps...sorry it's getlive.com...not get.live.com

mattking

Ah!

Brian M.

ive already got my @live.com :p

Im glad though - that ideas.live.com was getting boring now :D

SionicIon

Umm, bmaher, thats not ideas.live.com, thats get.live.com!

Dias

ive already got my @live.com :p

Im glad though - that ideas.live.com was getting boring now :D

Maybe I'm too stupid, but how did you get your @live.com account? I see only @hotmail.com :huh:

mattking

techdude6371: I take it that screenshot exists because you already have a live.com account? When will this be available, is it available now?

SamFielding

You show us some more evidence of that being the real website, because it doesnt seem to load for anyone except you.

Quactaur

Try get.live-int.com : that's the same page as he gets, so it probably is legit.

SamFielding

All I get is a page showing a server error :blink:

+Frank B.

Hm. get.live.com definitely works for me... without having a live.com account I should add.

WooSH

get.live.com works for me. its awesome.

NorthStar

That get.live.com page has been there for a few days now. It's just a boring flash site anyway, nothing new or interesting. If it's not loading for you, it's probably because you don't have flash installed, or you're blocking it.

SionicIon

techdude6371: I take it that screenshot exists because you already have a live.com account? When will this be available, is it available now?

I don't have a @live.com, I don't even have to be logged in to see it! See the other people are agreeing!

Someone should post a thread on the back page news foum on Neowin because this is awesome!

Some of you may not be able to see this because maybe of Adobe Flash Player 9 or Opera and you will be redirected to ideas.live.com, because I tryed going to it in Opera and it redirected me, try going there with Macromedia Flash Player 8 and IE7!

S550

i can see get.live.com

SionicIon

Any news on @live.com email address?

SamFielding

Any news on @live.com email address?

Not that I have heard, but im not completely bothered because I already have mine :D