• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

@live.com countdown

jameseuk    0

As neowin keep saying "We will keep you upto date on when live accounts become available".

I bet someone will ask the same question again shortly,*sighs*

SionicIon    76

I know but still, does anybody know any new news like what the heck there doing, some of you even know some buddies that work at Microsoft, thats why we ask!

GenericAmerican    0

I'm trying to figure out why some people think that Microsoft will give them both a Hotmail AND Live domain. I somehow doubt everyone who has a Hotmail name will have the same name under Live.Com domains, it's stupid it would be like if gmail added more domains and gave everyone the extra ones as well.

ServerMechanic    0

LOL.....

I can't believe all the goofs that just keep posting to this thread and saying "when is it going to be available".

READ PAGE THREE of this thread!

Man people are tools.

I'm trying to figure out why some people think that Microsoft will give them both a Hotmail AND Live domain. I somehow doubt everyone who has a Hotmail name will have the same name under Live.Com domains, it's stupid it would be like if gmail added more domains and gave everyone the extra ones as well.

Don't try to figure it out. It's because people are idiots.

GenericAmerican    0

I already got my name@live.de and a good live.com email so I guess I'm set. It's kind of annoying that people got like 20 email addresses that they don't plan to use on June 16th, ah well. I've got both my live mail accounts setup in WLMD so it's working out pretty good right now! Well, except WLMD is really buggy and crashes a lot.

fishrman    0

And look what I found here:

You didn't find those, LiveSide reported those about 2 weeks ago. :|.

There's also http://wired.live.com.

None of those three sites are jaw-dropping, but they are nice additions and interesting approaches to letting completely uninformed users get to know the Windows Live initiative.

GenericAmerican    0

I heard there will be two address.

@live.com

@windowslive.com

idk, i think the @live.com is easer

Me too. WindowsLive.Com will be an option as will Live.Com. There is also Live.country for nearly every major nation (Germany, UK, Italy, China, Russia, HK, Singapore, etc)

benac    0

I wish this thread would die.

If only people would be smart enough to read the preceeding reply before posting...

Bryan84    1

Me too. WindowsLive.Com will be an option as will Live.Com. There is also Live.country for nearly every major nation (Germany, UK, Italy, China, Russia, HK, Singapore, etc)

Glad to see Singapore in the list :yes:

mysterious    1

And thank god they didn't make the same mistake as Gmail regarding country domains... :no:

mad_onion    13

hmm they said that the @live.com addresses were coming out ages ago. its been so long now its starting to get suspicious, does anyone else think that that the people who registered @live.com addresses might have messed it up a bit. i mean now the live team has to work around the people who have already signed up making it much more time consuming to do what they need to do.

SionicIon    76

hmm they said that the @live.com addresses were coming out ages ago. its been so long now its starting to get suspicious, does anyone else think that that the people who registered @live.com addresses might have messed it up a bit. i mean now the live team has to work around the people who have already signed up making it much more time consuming to do what they need to do.

:yes:

Yea, they probably did, I hope they lose there @live.com email address those devils.

Nept    0

Any news?

Jeston    400

You'll know when there's news. Everybody quit asking please...

jameseuk    0

"Hi I'm a noob who cant b bothered to look at previous posts before I post"

Nept    0

Sorry...

Brian M.    778

IMO - Microsoft enabled people to get @live.com emails, so they should have guessed people would :)

anyway, yeah it is taking longer than expected - but just keep watching the front page - i guess it'll be posted on there :)

nX07    0

Word is that the @live.com domains that were registered with the same prefix as @hotmail.coms' when the expolit was abused caused several unfortunate mishaps that is the reason for the delay, as the exploit was not so much an exploit but a way hotmails' internal team was doing conversion tests or something like that

Tomi    0

Does anyone know/remember the minimum character limit for the username?

TheNay    1

I can't believe you can't sign up for @live.com yet.. lol

They leaked it a while ago now, even tho it was for a few hours or so.

My GUESS is sometime by the end of the month.

mysterious    1

It's a silly question but say if you're in the UK, would you take an @live.co.uk address or a @live.com as the main one... I have two under the same name and I'm just stuck as to which one I should use... I'm guessing the live.com is only for people in the US?

Gavin001    3

hmmm i aint 2 sure they cud do it so if ur from the UK ur forced to use the .co.uk! But i believe u hav a choose between either @live.com or @windowslive.com!

Rob    20

It's very unlikely they'll force you to use .co.uk. And let's be honest, which is more recognisable, memorable, and shorter? Live.com.

Crazysah    7

My guess would be by the end of september.