There are many great features available to you once you register at Neowin, including:

• Richer content, access to many features that are disabled for guests like commenting on the front page
  • Access to a great community, with a massive database of experience on hard & software issues, gaming and recreational activities, and more
  • Access to the Neowin IRC - you could make a friend from across the world and talk to them live
  • Access to Neowin contests & subscription offers and forums that are not open to guests/li>
  • It's simple, and FREE! · Register here

Quality

Well, just about every site that reviews cameras has a reference panel that they'll take a pic of with each camera they test. However, you'll need to know exactly which camera you want.

Megapixels aren't really significant, like Pink Floyd said. A 6MP DSLR will greatly outperform an 8MP point & shoot.

not that I know. Megapixels means nothing anyway

"nothing" is not entirely right. but infact it of course is not everything. ;)

Megapixels is just how big in terms of pixels a photo can be, for example a 2Megapixel camera can take photos at 1632x1224 = 1 997 568 Pixels almost the 2 000 000 Pixels (2MEGApixels)

show me I'm wrong :)

although eg vga is a good resolution, megapixels start to count when you actually want to print pictures. vga is not enough for good quality colorprints standart 10x13.

for press-photography you need atleast 3 megapixels. every local newspaper requires that and the bigger ones anyways, thats fact.

anyways, if you look at some 3mpx kodak slr it beats many of these 6, 8 or even 10mpx slrs out today, which is why you are somehow right, which i didnt deny. ;)

I agree with you redmosquito, I just don't want ppl to "think" they should automatically buy a high megapixel camera just because they think it's better.

I do posters with my 6MP DSLR

i know what your intention was, a good one btw, and i didnt say that you were entirely wrong. ;)

woops, back to topic. :ninja: