How Long Can Beer Last?

Dumb question, If beer has been in a fridge for lets say 6 months, would it still be drinkable?

its canada day okay :p

no lol. do you think all beer is shipped right from the brewery and into your fridge? it lasts years inside that bottle.. i think you could drink a 10 year old bottle of beer, and still enjoy it.

beer sits inside the plant for a few weeks before being shipped, then sits inside the storage room at the beer store for a few days/weeks.

have you ever heard of anyone drinking a "bad beer" because it was "too old?"

no lol. do you think all beer is shipped right from the brewery and into your fridge? it lasts years inside that bottle.. i think you could drink a 10 year old bottle of beer, and still enjoy it.

beer sits inside the plant for a few weeks before being shipped, then sits inside the storage room at the beer store for a few days/weeks.

have you ever heard of anyone drinking a "bad beer" because it was "too old?"

There is no such thing as bad beer.

Besides the point I still have a keg full of beer that was untouched for 6 months and just recently tapped it and it still tasted pretty good. Just make sure it's ice cold though before you drink it to ward off any possbile nasty aftertastes.

Dumb question, If beer has been in a fridge for lets say 6 months, would it still be drinkable?

If you have beer in the fridge that is 6 months old, then you need to drink more. If beer is in the fridge for more than 48 hours at my house, there is a problem.

If you have beer in the fridge that is 6 months old, then you need to drink more. If beer is in the fridge for more than 48 hours at my house, there is a problem.

well its at my dads house, and he doesnt like Guiness....so its been sitting in his fridge since christmas.

I think there might be some Heineken there too...

well its at my dads house, and he doesnt like Guiness....so its been sitting in his fridge since christmas.

I think there might be some Heineken there too...

Well if it's authentic Guiness it should last until the end of the world, as for Heineken well I've heard rumors that it's already over 10 months old by he time it gets to the store shelves of North America.

Celebrate Canada Day by drinking Non Canadian beer ! eh !

:woot:

Well if it's authentic Guiness it should last until the end of the world, as for Heineken well I've heard rumors that it's already over 10 months old by he time it gets to the store shelves of North America.

Celebrate Canada Day by drinking Non Canadian beer ! eh !

:woot:

thats not all...i have a 2-4 of coors and a 26er of gray goose :D

he doesn't like Guiness or Heineken? man, what does he prefer? I'm almost afraid to know.

I prefer some locally brewed stuff, really good. If had to go with a mainstream beer it would have to be Newcastle, thats some good stuff.

Beer does expire. It also tastes better the fresher it is. Thats why some beers have a "born on" date. I bought some Fat Tire today that has an expiration date on them (Nov). In Germany, most of the beer does not contain preservatives and they definitely go bad.

It is also important to keep beer cold. When possible, buy it cold and store it in the fridge.

Depends on how much licquor you've had before you start drinking the beer.

"Beer before licquor, never been sicker; licquor before beer, you're in the clear."

he doesn't like Guiness or Heineken? man, what does he prefer? I'm almost afraid to know.

I prefer some locally brewed stuff, really good. If had to go with a mainstream beer it would have to be Newcastle, thats some good stuff.

he likes them, he just likes his Crown Royal and Coke, or his Weisners delux(i know i spelt that wrong) or his congac...also spelt wrong

well, trying the Guiness right now....we'll see if its good...yup still good. :laugh:

Edited by goodcase

It seems some beer does start age badly, but we are talking 5-10years later. I once found some Budweiser (not sure where it came from), in my grandparents basement, apparently it was around 9yrs old . . . personally it was crap .. not sure if it went bad, or if all american beer is that bad. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

it only gets better by age

i'm currently drinking a nice WARM Busch Lite , its still left over from the 3 24 packs I bought for my friends new years party, found part of a 24 pack left under my coberd

Depends on how much liquor you've had before you start drinking the beer.

"Beer before liquor, never been sicker; liquor before beer, you're in the clear."

wine then beer, you'll be fine, beer then wine, you'll feel queer :D

I found some canned beer in a basement that had been there for five years. It didn't taste that bad. Of course, everything tastes better when it's free. ;)