Meet the browser: Opera Next

^ Simple:

1. Open GMail

2. Login

3. ???

4. HOLY MEMORY USAGE

Lol. Had to make an account, but indeed mounting steadily whilst doing nothing. Its bugreported ?already i assume?

The new geolocation stuff seems to have really bulked up the installer, and I really hope they get that gmail memory leak fixed by beta, it's pretty bad

Wow they werent kidding when they said theyd speed up dev, faster than chrome's dev even i think, and mozilla's ass is being kicked hard

Wish theyd add a few things

-Some sort of extension system

-Right Clickable Menus

-Socks support

Sadly, theyll never add it, so no market share for them, which is too bad cause its a good browser otherwise

Having read into their dev blog a bit more, I get the impression that Vega will have support for hardware accelerated rendering, but that it won't actually be included. I hope I am wrong, but that is the impression I get

Contrary to what I said before... the memory leaks are still there. (not the GDI leaks though).

-Right Clickable Menus

Could be possible. They're already using custom drawing code for the menus; that's how they're doing non standard things such as menu icons lighting up. Personally I hope they get native menu styling soon, seeing how they tacked on glass support.

Oh crap , another download :D

So , IF , no problem arises, this is the final , right?

I guess they want to meet the deadline of the Ballot screen release. I've got still a few issues with this release, but they are minor.

I guess they want to meet the deadline of the Ballot screen release. I've got still a few issues with this release, but they are minor.

yeah , that seems to be the only reason for so rapid development. Anyways , a 10.51 or maybe 10.6 might fix some of those.

Well now this is RC I am going to give it another go :) I'm liking it so far, it's quick. The only thing I miss from Chrome is Adblock :(

The Adblock solutions for Opera suck, if i could find one that works I'd love to give it a go but I don't really want to add lots and lots of entries into Opera's content blocker, it is a solution that doesn't work all too well. It doesn't hide the elements properly either.?

Other than that, this browser is coming along nicely :D

Iakobos: opera fanboy adblock, google it?:ninja:

Works like a treat, add the Content Blocker button to your toolbar, so you can easily toggle it. The urllist blocks a lot.....

?"Set preference"="Set preference, "Network|Enable Content Blocker=1", , "Content Blocker", "Blocked" | Set preference, "Network|Enable Content Blocker=0", , "Content Blocker", "Blocked""