Need Suggestions.

Ok, well i just ordered a Canon Rebel XT with the lens kit ( :D ). Eventually i want to get some better lenses for it, so this is what i had in mind: Sigma 28-200mm F/3.5-5.6 DG Macro (here) and Sigma 18-50mm F/2.8 EX DC (here). Does anyone have any experience with these or can anyone give any general advice on lenses?

The 18-50 f/2.8 is well known and a very good lens. Heard some distorsion at 24mm and wider but I havent tried it myself. IMO, this looks to be an awesome lens to have in your bag. Considering you will sell your kit lens after buying your EX 2.8, why not buying your Rebel XT body only and buy the sigma 18-50mm F/2.8 for your day to day lens?

I question why buying the Sigma 28-200mm ?? You want to buy a semi pro, some ppl call it a pro lens (the Sigma 18-50mm F/2.8) and also buy the 28-200mm? This lens is known to be worse than the 18-200mm from sigma. If you want to have an al in one lens, because you don't want to switch lens, then Buy the Tamron 18-200mm (since canon doesnt have the Nikkor 18-200mm VR2 equivalent). In the other hand, if you want a bigger zoon, then buy something else than the 28-200mm from Sigma.

If I miss something, just let me know and we'll talk ;)

Usually, the more range the lens provides, the less image quality will be retained. Find the focal lengths that you use the most and choose an appropriate upgrade to fill your tele range. Or, if you shoot more tele than wide, get the canon 70-200mm f4/l *drool* . It's probably Canon's best bang for the buck lens.

More expensive actually. This is the f4/L, not f2.8/L. The Sigma is a good option if f2.8 is important, but from the tests I've seen, the f4/L can't be beat.

Edit:

oh wait, I was looking for the Canon 70-200 F/2.8 So actually, The Canon F/4 and the Sigma F/2.8 are the same price around here. Near 850$CAD